Game Thread: Pit @ CWS at 1:05 CDT on CSN

shipps

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Put Getz back at leadoff again, seriously. He's been hitting like crap ever since he's been hitting second and now ninth. Might be because he's in a slump, but I'll take him over Pods at leadoff.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 24, 2009 -> 08:15 PM)
Put Getz back at leadoff again, seriously. He's been hitting like crap ever since he's been hitting second and now ninth. Might be because he's in a slump, but I'll take him over Pods at leadoff.

Getz was struggling in the leadoff spot, that's why he got moved. At least Alexei's in the 2nd spot, which is where he should be.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
Getz was struggling in the leadoff spot, that's why he got moved. At least Alexei's in the 2nd spot, which is where he should be.

I've always wanted him to be there. He usually makes contact, so it makes sense.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 24, 2009 -> 08:17 PM)
I've always wanted him to be there. He usually makes contact, so it makes sense.

Not really...he's had an awful time with the weak fly out to left field this year. Unfortunately, the ball's not jumping off of his bat like many of us had hoped after his increased power totals last year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2009 -> 02:18 PM)
So I can't say Buehrle's the greatest closer in baseball history?

BTW, Brent Lillibridge 0-2 today, 2 K.

He's hitting .125 in Charlotte, but its a small sample size, so I don't know what we can make from that. :P

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 24, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
BTW, Brent Lillibridge 0-2 today, 2 K.

He's hitting .125 in Charlotte, but its a small sample size, so I don't know what we can make from that. :P

That one hit must have been lucky.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2009 -> 02:19 PM)
Not really...he's had an awful time with the weak fly out to left field this year. Unfortunately, the ball's not jumping off of his bat like many of us had hoped after his increased power totals last year.

That's cause he's trying to pull everything. As undisciplined as he is, he makes a lot of contact and doesn't strikeout a ton.