Dye RF

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Quentin LF

AJP C

Fields 3B

Getz 2B

Danks

What does Anderson have to do in order to start ? I'm guessing show that he can leadoff ?

Edited by tommy

What a f***ing joke. Brian has been giving some of the best at bats on the team the last few games, he had an awesome game yesterday, and you're benching him for the 09 version of Scott f***ing Podsednik.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 25, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
What a f***ing joke. Brian has been giving some of the best at bats on the team the last few games, he had an awesome game yesterday, and you're benching him for the 09 version of Scott f***ing Podsednik.

Nice signature.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 25, 2009 -> 04:58 PM)
2009 Chicago White Sox are going nowhere, at an blistering pace.

You can give partial thanks to our epic coaching staff.

Epically bad

Yeah, this team really is trash. From the bottom to the top.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 25, 2009 -> 10:11 PM)
I love it when we bench the player with the second highest average on the team, and the second highest OBP. Gotta f***ing love it!

just a guess

BA hasn't seen Santana much in his limited career. I think only 2AB's... now he did hit one of the 2AB's out of the park, 3 years ago.

Scotty Pods has seen Santana a bunch in his career, not a lot of hits, but a bunch of walks. (OBP= .375)

Looks like those who claimed Anderson would unfairly lose his job to Podsednik upon his return are receiving a bit of vindication here. It's sure as hell looking like a platoon to me or perhaps Brian's just the 4th outfielder. Gotta love it, benching a young player who's actually producing for a washed up 32 year old vet. If I were a more superstitious man I'd make the case that Podsednik's presence on this ballclub has hindered the production of 2 young players. (3 if I were willing to tie him to Getz)

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 25, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
Looks like those who claimed Anderson would unfairly lose his job to Podsednik upon his return are receiving a bit of vindication here. It's sure as hell looking like a platoon to me or perhaps Brian's just the 4th outfielder. Gotta love it, benching a young player who's actually producing for a washed up 32 year old vet. If I were a more superstitious man I'd make the case that Podsednik's presence on this ballclub has hindered the production of 2 young players. (3 if I were willing to tie him to Getz)

Me, after yesterday's game, in the game thread.

BTW, good work Anderson. Sorry, I know you'll be benched as punishment tomorrow, but 2/4 with 2 runs and a 2 RBI home run...nice.

This series, we face a righty, a lefty, and then another righty. Anderson will play tomorrow and will sit the other 2 games. We'll be lucky if we get him as a defensive replacement. That's simply how it is.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ May 25, 2009 -> 06:15 PM)
just a guess

BA hasn't seen Santana much in his limited career. I think only 2AB's... now he did hit one of the 2AB's out of the park, 3 years ago.

Scotty Pods has seen Santana a bunch in his career, not a lot of hits, but a bunch of walks. (OBP= .375)

You may be right, but that's just dumb. By that logic, BA will never play.

QUOTE (jasonxctf @ May 25, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
just a guess

So Brian sits because Ervin Santana used to have major control problems? Then wouldn't Anderson's vastly superior walk rate make him a more dangerous hitter than Podsednik?

And I think it's well established that Ozzie Guillen doesn't look at things like past performance and split stats when filling out his lineup card. He's longed to put Podsednik in the leadoff spot since we signed him (he said as much when Pods was recalled) and now he's getting his chance even despite Podsednik's lousy play.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 25, 2009 -> 05:23 PM)
Me, after yesterday's game, in the game thread.

This series, we face a righty, a lefty, and then another righty. Anderson will play tomorrow and will sit the other 2 games. We'll be lucky if we get him as a defensive replacement. That's simply how it is.

He also had an excellent throw to the cutoff man that resulted in Alexei catching a runner off first.

Good call and I agree, I think 2006-2008 taught us a lot when it comes to the Anderson/Guillen relationship. He was hesitant to use Brian as a defensive replacement even then despite the fact that Podsednik was heading flyballs in LF and Swisher isn't a major league CF.

I'm fine with Anderson not playing tonight, as he'd have no chance against Santana's slider. With that said, once this team is out by double digits (and there's a good chance of that happening after the next week), we have to start playing Anderson every game to see if he can be in our plans next season.