Sox @ Angels 5-26-09

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a minute. Not to nitpick here, but that was Getz that caught that, right? And Nix was coming onto the field after the game, from the dugout. So, let me get this right -- when Getz pinch-ran, Ozzie took out the best 2nd baseman on the team, and left in our crappy 3rd baseman/worst fielder? Cool.

Edited by Friend of Nordhagen

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 26, 2009 -> 11:48 PM)
I am really starting to question the ability of Guillen and Cora to manage a game, put guys in position to succeed, and evaluate their personal.

Linebrink can not close Dotel has real bad managing yet again.

Dotel has been used a lot the past week or so, has he not? Perhaps he wasn't ready to go 100% tonight.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ May 26, 2009 -> 11:52 PM)
I don't mind Linebrink coming in there. Unless he has a past tendancy to be awful in save situations, he does issue less walks than Dotel. Up 3 runs Linebrink might be the better choice.

He does.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 26, 2009 -> 11:48 PM)
I am really starting to question the ability of Guillen and Cora to manage a game, put guys in position to succeed, and evaluate their personal.

you need to use punctuation...

and by the way... we won.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ May 26, 2009 -> 11:50 PM)
Wait a minute. Not to nitpick here, but that was Getz that caught that, right? And Nix was coming onto the field after the game, from the dugout. So, let me get this right -- when Getz pinch-ran, Ozzie took out the best 2nd baseman on the team, and left in our crappy 3rd baseman/worst fielder? Cool.

That was what set me off. See my post on the previous page about Dotel v. Linebrink.

Remember Linebrink hurt himself trying to close while Jenks was out last year. That was a miserable experiment. I know closing had nothing to do with him hurting himself.....at least I do not think it did.

They have really outplayed the Angels in this series that should have scored 10 runs again tonight.

Nice win....

Man, you are a tough grader.

We won the game.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 26, 2009 -> 11:55 PM)
you need to use punctuation...

and by the way... we won.

Some can't enjoy a win. It's like a genetic flaw that will take a 162-0 Sox record to cure.

Good job Sox...hanging in there, I like it.

Very good win, 3 series wins in a row and a lot of home games coming up in June. This year hasn't been very positive on the field very much, but looks like signs of turning it around and luckily they're in the right division!