Sox vs. Angels 5/27/09 9:05

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

farmer and DJ were talking about the rotation weaver gets on his fastball, which makes it look like a breaking pitch and how the high heat could fool them into thinking it'll break down into the zone, which is why pods swung so badly at that high heater in the first inning

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ May 27, 2009 -> 07:22 PM)
farmer and DJ were talking about the rotation weaver gets on his fastball, which makes it look like a breaking pitch and how the high heat could fool them into thinking it'll break down into the zone, which is why pods swung so badly at that high heater in the first inning

For every Verlander who we rip but no one else seems to be able to, there's a guy like Weaver too, who we just aren't close to.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 28, 2009 -> 02:25 AM)
ps, does hawk have to mention those LG skyline seats or something? did they pay the sox so he would talk about them every single game? cuz... he has been.

Better than hearing about Mully/Hanley every game. Gavin's hook is filthy right now! Even if we lose this game tonight, I'll be ok with it if Gavin pitches well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 27, 2009 -> 09:25 PM)
For every Verlander who we rip but no one else seems to be able to, there's a guy like Weaver too, who we just aren't close to.

hmm, i wouldn't use weaver in that analogy, i'd say somebody like Sonnanstine instead