GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN

Kyyle23

We all expect a sunday lineup and a maybe grumbling and some hat tippin' after the game towards Greinke, I say lets watch the Sox become an abberation on Greinke's otherwise spectacular year.

:bringit :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2:

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TLAK @ May 31, 2009 -> 09:01 AM)
Think we'll see our new catcher? Day game after a night game and its Sunday. Welcome to the American league Mr. Castro, meet Mr. Greinke.

:)

imagine if Greinke played in a pitchers park in the NL, like CitiField... that'd be nuts.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 31, 2009 -> 09:24 AM)
I have no problem tipping the ole cap to Zack at this point in time.

4-1 thus far on the road trip is great. Last night was one of the best games I have see all season from them.

A loss today I am fine with.

I read where Zach had an era under one after 10 starts. This is the first time it has happened in the AL since 1958, and the NL since 1966.

QUOTE (TLAK @ May 31, 2009 -> 09:01 AM)
Think we'll see our new catcher? Day game after a night game and its Sunday. Welcome to the American league Mr. Castro, meet Mr. Greinke.

:)

I hope not. AJ is one of the only guys on our team that hits Greinke well. AJ can suck it up.

Batters are hitting .135/.164/.135/.298 against Zack with RISP with 21 K in 52 AB (40% K rate). Only 8 runs have scored in 57 opportunities. 14% success rate.

He's allowed 2 hits in 22 AB w/ RISP & 2 out with 8 K's and 1 BB. Only 2 runs have scored in 23 opportunities. 9% success rate.

He's loaded the base 4 times and has struck out all 4 batters that have come to the plate.

He's faced 283 batters this season and has allowed 15 extra base hits.

Incredibly scary: .203 batting average against but a .290 BABIP which is exactly where it's supposed to be.

WHITE SOX

Podsednik, LF

Ramirez, SS

Dye, RF

Thome, DH

Konerko, 1B

Pierzynski, C

Wise, CF

Getz, 2B

Fields, 3B

Danks, P

KANSAS CITY

Bloomquist, 2B

Maier, CF

Butler, 1B

Jacobs, DH

Guillen, RF

Teahen, 3B

Olivo, C

DeJesus, LF

Hernandez, SS

Greinke, P

one thing i've noticed about Greinke (i've watched almost all of his starts since I have the MLB TV Premium package), is that he gets so many hitters out on that hard slider down and in to lefties and down and away to righties, that pitch appears as a strike and is never one

he never throws that pitch in the beginning of a count, he always throws a 4 seam 95-96mph fastball on the corner and sometimes over the plate for a strike, when hitters are down 0-2 or 1-2, he starts throwing that devastating slider

this is a situation of course where, to be successful against Zack, you need to stop trusting your eyes on 2-strike counts and start analyzing the count your in and what pitch to expect instead, work the count to 2-2 or 3-2 and try to get him to feature something in the strike zone (his curveball or that mid-90's 4 seam fastball)

against our lineup, i think a pitcher like Zack would rather walk a bunch of guys and try to get out of a 2-on or bases loaded jam, because his stuff is so good rather than throw hittable pitches on 2-2 or 3-2

with that said, it's easier said than done of course, i'm not speculating as to finding the key to beating Zack, but it pretty much is the solution. executing that will be the challenge of course

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 31, 2009 -> 10:45 AM)
Batters are hitting .135/.164/.135/.298 against Zack with RISP with 21 K in 52 AB (40% K rate). Only 8 runs have scored in 57 opportunities. 14% success rate.

He's allowed 2 hits in 22 AB w/ RISP & 2 out with 8 K's and 1 BB. Only 2 runs have scored in 23 opportunities. 9% success rate.

He's loaded the base 4 times and has struck out all 4 batters that have come to the plate.

He's faced 283 batters this season and has allowed 15 extra base hits.

Incredibly scary: .203 batting average against but a .290 BABIP which is exactly where it's supposed to be.

He's due for an outing where he gets rocked.

I really missed seeing Wise in CF, joy! (not that BA would have a chance against Greinke, it's just annoying that we don't have our best defensive team out there when it looks like every run today will be very valuable)

Edited by Felix

Do we really have to go through all of this Wise grief already? The guy was just recalled, he hasnt even seen the field but a couple of times, and people are already calling him out. He isnt replacing Quentin, he isnt replacing Dye, he is not replacing BA, he is in the Sunday lineup.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 31, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
Do we really have to go through all of this Wise grief already? The guy was just recalled, he hasnt even seen the field but a couple of times, and people are already calling him out. He isnt replacing Quentin, he isnt replacing Dye, he is not replacing BA, he is in the Sunday lineup.

I fully disagree, as this is definitely not a Sunday lineup. And Wise is horrible, horrible, horrible. He belongs nowhere near the ML roster.

AND on top of that, he was put in as a replacement to BA in a TIE BALL GAME in the 8th or 9th inning last night. WTF? Pull our best defender for a guy who knocked himself out of baseball for 60 days last time he was out there? So glad nothing came of it, but it was a horrible move by Ozzie.

Edited by TitoMB345

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 31, 2009 -> 12:46 PM)
I fully disagree, as this is definitely not a Sunday lineup. And Wise is horrible, horrible, horrible. He belongs nowhere near the ML roster.

Yeah, I got it the first two times you said it. Its ridiculous, give it a rest already. BA had a tough last couple of days and is getting a rest

Wise is sure to spread the plague soon after the game

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ May 31, 2009 -> 12:46 PM)

AND on top of that, he was put in as a replacement to BA in a TIE BALL GAME in the 8th or 9th inning last night. WTF? Pull our best defender for a guy who knocked himself out of baseball for 60 days last time he was out there? So glad nothing came of it, but it was a horrible move by Ozzie.

oh s***,then I should be at work. :lolhitting