GameThread: White Sox(24-25) vs Athletics(19-29) 7:11 CSN

Kyyle23

The Sox are 1 game away from .500, the Athletics are 1 loss away from the semi-annual Billy Beane firesale. The Sox look like they are starting to develop a small swagger, hopefully the weather cooperates and they can push the winning streak to 4

:bringit :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2:

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 08:24 AM)
Ugh. The last thing we need right now are more double headers. They screw everything up so much with your rotation and bullpen. Plus, sweeping them is very difficult.

what I don't like is, the possibility of more of those "Postponed indefinitely unless the game matters" games, ala game 162 last year

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 08:48 AM)
what I don't like is, the possibility of more of those "Postponed indefinitely unless the game matters" games, ala game 162 last year

We did good with that last year, haha. I know what you mean though. Looking at the schedule, a double-header would probably be scheduled for either Sept. 8 or 9 when we play Oakland at the Cell again.

Edited by maggsmaggs

Orlando Cabrera makes his return tonight. I for one hope he gets a nice round of applause his first AB. All the clubhouse stuff aside, he helped the Sox win a division last year and always, always played very hard.

But I don't think it's going to go that way - maybe a fifty-fifty thing.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 12:53 PM)
Orlando Cabrera makes his return tonight. I for one hope he gets a nice round of applause his first AB. All the clubhouse stuff aside, he helped the Sox win a division last year and always, always played very hard.

But I don't think it's going to go that way - maybe a fifty-fifty thing.

Meh, only a single year. I'll watch him a little differently than other players, but clapping? I'd probably require a little more commitment than a stopgap for his next assignment.