GameThread: White Sox(24-25) vs Athletics(19-29) 7:11 CSN

Kyyle23

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 06:15 PM)
the old baseball idea of "can't lose your job to injury" is very stupid. if Ozzie just puts Wise back into the starting lineup day in and day out i'll be surprised and pissed.

It's not just a baseball rule, guys lose their spots all the time in the NFL if they aren't that good and the guy that replaces them is clearly better. Biggest example, probably Tom Brady over Drew Bledsoe (and at that point Bledsoe was still pretty damn good).

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
It's not just a baseball rule, guys lose their spots all the time in the NFL if they aren't that good and the guy that replaces them is clearly better. Biggest example, probably Tom Brady over Drew Bledsoe (and at that point Bledsoe was still pretty damn good).

at the time i thought New England was making a huge mistake. :chair

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)

yea that always comes to mind when i hear that saying

There is no way in hell we would have won that division championship banner without OC. He may have been a jerk, but he did play some damn good baseball last year.

Not really. I suppose Nick Swisher should get a standing O when he comes back?

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 06:35 PM)
Watching Comcast Sports Night live, tarp is off and they are saying the game will be played.

Looks like there is a window between 7 - 9:15

I'll take a big inning in the first and then Gavin mowing them down.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 06:58 PM)
Not really. I suppose Nick Swisher should get a standing O when he comes back?

Here's my thoughts on OC, he didn't want to play for the White Sox for at least $10 million, so he's playing in Oakland for $3 million. He's been punished enough. I don't like him, but I'm not going to boo him.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 06:52 PM)
I can't believe we're actually platooning BA again. Well, yes I can, but god f***in damn it, this is so retarded.

It's even more retarded because Ozzie is actually sacrificing both offense and defense just to play Wise over BA. Hopefully it becomes evident within a few days that BA is the superior player.