All ppl

Guest wsc425

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Just don't give it to me, baby we gonna rock (f***) baby we gonna roll (grow), with alot of luck (f***) over you."-DMX? something?

Thats "X Gon Give it To Ya." By DMX. Suprised nobody else on this board knew it. I must be the only one who listens to rap.

"It's you and me and Bobby V thats three tonight, hey"??? Bob Valvano? :lol

That "you and me" song is ( I think ) by the Cherry Poppin Daddies, and it actually says either "you and me and the devil make three tonight" or "you and me and the bottle make three tonight".

I can't remember which, but I heard that song a million times during that horrid ( but thankfully brief ) swing revival a couple years ago.

It was actually "You and Me And The Bottle Makes Three" by a band called Big Bad Voodoo Daddy.

The Cherry Poppin Daddies' hit was "Zoot Suit Riot"

Guest wsc425
What are all the songs from Vice City?

-V Rock

-the one thats like You...are always there within our lives, we'll leave the TV and the Radio behind. We'll be back in just a while.

seriously fellas anyone know all or most of the songs on V-Rock?

Anyone know that one song I inscribed?

"Just don't give it to me, baby we gonna rock (f***) baby we gonna roll (grow), with alot of luck (f***) over you."-DMX? something?

Thats "X Gon Give it To Ya." By DMX. Suprised nobody else on this board knew it. I must be the only one who listens to rap.

Hey, I got it before you did! ;)

Im sorry momma,

I never meant to hurt you

I never meant to make you cry

but tonite Im cleaning out my closet

Damn I used to love that song! I used to walk around hummimg it to myself. I used to listen to it when I was lifting weights in gym class. Eminems gotta good rhythm (sp)...

Guest wsc425

How bout my made up song for the 2001 Bears preseason:

This new Bears season brings us fear

We only won five games last year

Nobody wants to play for Cade

Maybe he'll be our next pathetic trade

I dislike Eminem and 50 cent.

Eminem has no respect for our women.

Ahh... it's just entertainment. But I will admit with other not so hard core Em fans.. some of his stuff is just too damn funny not to be amused by it. Don't know the song name, but the one where he's ripping on the boy bands, Moby, and Christina.. and the one ripping on Mariah are pretty funny.

In reality.. are his lyrics any worse then Marilyn Manson? Or 9 Inch Nails? I don't know any other "controversial" groups off the top of my head.. but I'm sure there are more. Are the ideas musicians express in the music they release any worse then a movie that has terriorism? Or rape? Or murder? :huh:

You bring up a good question steff. First tho, whatd Manson sing about (I never heard it)? And now for your question. I honestly dont give a s*** what the lyrics mean. Sorry, if I wanna kill someone Ill do it cuz I wanna do it. I aint ever gonna kill anyone because some rapper told me it was a good idea. Thats just me. Some clown next door might be listening to 50 cent and say "holy s***! killing is a good thing! time to blow away my folks!" I hope hes not but sadly its true. And then for movies, yet again I dont care. I dont watch Collateral Damage and aspire to terrorism. I doubt anyone does this. So, all in all, Id have to say violent music has a bigger effect than violent movies. And then came Nintendo, where in half the games the objective is to kill. I wont even go there...

No idea what Manson sung about.. but he's been controversial, no?. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

Movies have been blamed for violence.

No idea on video games.. I'm still living in the Tetris age :lol:

Teris? Isnt that where you hit the ball with the little moving board on the side of the screen? I mean, that sounds pretty violent. Oh wait, thats pong. Never mind... :D

No. It's where you get different shapes falling from the top of the screen and fit them to makes rows disappear.

No idea what Manson sung about.. but he's been controversial, no?. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

No idea on video games.. I'm still living in the Tetris age  :lol:

Seriously tho, none of this violence should be blamed on video games. All this violence is because kids with f***ed up minds from f***ed up homes finally flip. Dont go censoring the movie counters, instead, go and put some of these kids in counseling. Columbine for instance. Eric Harris got in trouble for giving bomb recipes away over the internet. He threatened to kill another kid. People knew. Something needed to be done. Eric Harris was a disaster waiting to happen. IMO Columbine is a tragedy that coulda been averted.

Do you realize what the complete objective of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold was? Kill 500 students and also rampage thru neighboring areas, rob a bank, hijack a plane and crash it into New York City. I doubt that woulda happened but it just goes to show how messed up those kids really were!

No idea on video games.. I'm still living in the Tetris age  :lol:

I happened to be in Denver visiting my brother when they had the controversy about letting him perform at Ozzfest because he is anti-family etc. etc.

They thought his song lyrics like "I'm not a slave to a God that doesn't exist" and him being the poster boy for fear because he wore women's lingerie etc. etc. meant that he was the most socially depraved act and of course, was responsible for the Columbine massacre. So they had large protests to try to stop him from playing but he played without incident.

He has been controversial for his song lyrics, his on stage dress, his live shows, etc. But I still think he is a very intelligent person if you listen to him speak. I know how many of you feel about Michael Moore but I think the interview in Bowling for Columbine with Manson was fantastic.

When Manson was asked "What would you tell the kids who committed Columbine?" he responded, "I wouldn't tell them anything. I'd listen. That's what nobody did."

Movies, music, and TV will be blamed for violence because it's a lot easier than looking into the broader social causes of said violence.

OldRoman, Columbine could have been averted by some sort of gun control. Can anybody tell me why a civilian needs a fully automatic rifle that has no other purpose than to kill? It's not even a f***ing hunting weapon. But of course some sort of basic gun control is beyond the scope of Congress, they'd rather solve everything by putting the 10 Commandments up everywhere. :rolleyes: