GameThread: White Sox(25-25) vs Athletics (19-30) 7:11 CT Comcast

Kyyle23

The Sox have finally hit their stride it seems, and seemingly the only thing that can hold them back is their version of kryptonite: a rookie pitcher in his ML debut. Time for the Sox to shake this jinx and move this winning streak along to 5.

:bringit :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosox2:

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sox hadn't faced Cahil either but they managed a W. If the Sox get good pitching, which they have been, it will be another W. :gosox1:

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (G&T @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 07:13 AM)
The Sox hadn't faced Cahil either but they managed a W. If the Sox get good pitching, which they have been, it will be another W. :gosox1:

the difference is that this is Mazzaro's ML debut, not his debut vs the Sox. And truth be told, Cahill was handling them pretty well for a while after the Sox scored their first run. I think he retired something like 12 in a row at one point.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 08:16 AM)
the difference is that this is Mazzaro's ML debut, not his debut vs the Sox. And truth be told, Cahill was handling them pretty well for a while after the Sox scored their first run. I think he retired something like 12 in a row at one point.

I know. Just trying to be positive.

Anyway. Since the 20-1 loss, the Sox have outscored opponents 63-20 over ten games (If I can count, which I'm bad at.)

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 07:45 AM)
I dont think I can stomach another kyyle gamethread start....

further proof that communism is alive and well at Soxtalk....

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 10:36 AM)
I believe this game will be cancelled.

Didnt you say that yesterday too when there was a forecast for alot more rain than today?lol

cmon jimbo have a glass of optimism and you will be fine.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 09:07 AM)
Colon seems to go good, bad, good, bad..so I hope he breaks that funk today and his fatness overpowers the ML debut tonight!!!

Hopefully the magnitude of his badness in the 20-1 game covers a few of his customary bad starts.

The big key with all of these kids is to get the pitch counts up. See a lot of pitches, foul off as many as possible, and see the whole arsenal. Make them work, get them into tough spots, and work them out. The more you see, the less "newness" there is in these guys.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 11:01 AM)
The big key with all of these kids is to get the pitch counts up. See a lot of pitches, foul off as many as possible, and see the whole arsenal. Make them work, get them into tough spots, and work them out. The more you see, the less "newness" there is in these guys.

this is his major league debut. We don't stand a chance. I predict our first hit won't come until the 4th inning.

Mazarro's been dominant in the minors. He's got a mid 90s fastball and a good sinker, along with a change-up (uh-oh) and a slider. Good control and a decent K per 9 innings ratio. Let's hope this offense hops on him while he's still got some butterflies.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 12:04 PM)
No I said yesterday would get in.

Today looks ugh

you did? I stand corrected and lets hope you arent a good weatherman because I would like to see some baseball tonight.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
No I said yesterday would get in.

Today looks ugh

The forecast is for a few showers, 30%. There's only a smattering of rain in the whole radar area. What-choo talkin' 'bout Willis??