If the Big Hurt comes back...is it just to retire?

wilmot825

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 10:52 AM)
Id let him play one last time in front of the fans, then let him retire

So who exactly do you release, or move down to accommodate this request. He hasn't hit all year long, so what exactly will this accomplish.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 10:56 AM)
So who exactly do you release, or move down to accommodate this request. He hasn't hit all year long, so what exactly will this accomplish.

Youve got players like Whisler to toy around with if you wanted too...

Old Big Frank >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DeWayne Wise

DO IT!!!

Honestly though, since Betemit cannot play 3B I would be in no way opposed to dealing Betemit off for a mid-level prospect and salary relief while bringing in the Big Hurt as a pinch hitter.

Big Frank would have to get a few games in at Triple A to get his swing back, so we deal Betemit, call up Phillips, then Quentin comes back and we send Wise down, and when Frank is ready we send Whisler back down and call up Frank.

Bench: Nix 2B/SS/3B, Castro C, Big Frank PH, Phillips 1B/LF, Pods/BA OF

With Carrasco and Gobble not getting much work we don't need so many pen guys.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)
I'd love to see a one day contract signed, complete with a big retirement ceremony, rocking chair, #35 retirement etc. It would be awesome. Beyond that, no thanks.

that is all the Sox are talking about doing. I dont know where everyone is getting Frank being an active player on the roster. That is a joke.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 12:35 PM)
that is all the Sox are talking about doing. I dont know where everyone is getting Frank being an active player on the roster. That is a joke.

Dewayne Wise on the roster is the biggest Joke of them all.

Frank can't help with his glove Check

Wise can't help with his bat Check

but...

Frank's Bat> Anything Wise can provide.

I'd rather be short on outfielders than put that joke of a AAAA player on the field.

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 11:53 AM)
Sign him to a 10-day contract, like the NBA does, and let him play one game at home infront of the fans so he can go out in class. Let him retire like the classy player he was for so many years.

Why 10 days? Sign him. Put him up to plate for one game. Retire after game. Done.

I think the White Sox should sign Robin Ventura for one game too and let him play in front of the fans. f*** it, put Ozzie and Joey out there too.

I don't have to see him play again, he'd go 0 for f***in 4 anyways. If I see him one last time in a Sox uniform, I'd cream in my panties.

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 01:53 PM)
Dewayne Wise on the roster is the biggest Joke of them all.

Frank can't help with his glove Check

Wise can't help with his bat Check

but...

Frank's Bat> Anything Wise can provide.

I'd rather be short on outfielders than put that joke of a AAAA player on the field.

The only reason Wise is on the roster right now is because of TCQ's injury. In another few days Wise will be choosing between Charlotte or another PCL or IL destination.