Sox vs. Athletics - 7:11PM on WCIU

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:29 AM)
Hopefully I can bring good luck to the Sox on my first Gamethread!

Come on Clayton, keep up the great work.

I'll be at the game, section 134

:gosox1:

Perhaps your first game thread can ofset the first start against the Sox effect.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:47 AM)
boy I tell ya...what a breath of fresh air this game thread is.....quite possibly the greatest game thread ever created.

i dont like you very much anymore

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:58 AM)
Lineup prediction

Pods 7

Ramirez 6

Dye 9

Konerko DH

Anderson 8

Castro 2

Fields 5

Betemit 3

Nix 4

Man I hope Ozzie doesn't play Betemit tonight. But you're probably right with the lefty going and he said he would rest Thome more this year. Can't wait until Quentin is healthy as he will DH on Thome's nights off.

QUOTE (everafan @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 04:37 PM)
Man I hope Ozzie doesn't play Betemit tonight. But you're probably right with the lefty going and he said he would rest Thome more this year. Can't wait until Quentin is healthy as he will DH on Thome's nights off.

Ozzie said last night Thome will get the game off.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:48 AM)
In that situation, I think I might actually DH Fields, let him focus on hitting, play Nix at 3rd and Getz at 2nd.

Getz is out for this series with that sprained ankle he suffered on Sunday IIRC. Probably could pinch hit today I'd guess but I was pretty sure they said he wouldnt' be playing this series.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:51 AM)
Getz is out for this series with that sprained ankle he suffered on Sunday IIRC. Probably could pinch hit today I'd guess but I was pretty sure they said he wouldnt' be playing this series.

I hadn't realized that. So we will definitely see Betemit then.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 09:53 AM)
I hadn't realized that. So we will definitely see Betemit then.

I think Betemit at 1b is one I can live with on occasion. At least, if he ever starts hitting that is.

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
Hopefully I can bring good luck to the Sox on my first Gamethread!

Come on Clayton, keep up the great work.

I'll be at the game, section 134

:gosox1:

Good luck and have fun at the game. A winner by Clayton Richard and the Sox always makes it more fun too

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
I think Betemit at 1b is one I can live with on occasion. At least, if he ever starts hitting that is.

I have been very dissapointed with Wilson B so far this year

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 11:47 AM)
Oakland's pitcher has a perfect name for a pitcher.

I was thinking the same thing. Of course, it's a terrible name for a hitter - perhaps he was told that an early age and focused accordingly.

Betemit's bat I THINK I can live with but god forbid he ever gets anywhere near the left side of the infield again I may lose my mind. Betemit needs to be given the Thome status hes a DH and if he NEEDS to be on the field have him at 1st.

But GO SOX I think Clayton really brings it today and we start a new and prolonged winning streak!!!! :headbang

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)
Betemit's bat I THINK I can live with but god forbid he ever gets anywhere near the left side of the infield again I may lose my mind. Betemit needs to be given the Thome status hes a DH and if he NEEDS to be on the field have him at 1st.

But GO SOX I think Clayton really brings it today and we start a new and prolonged winning streak!!!! :headbang

That is the thing that is killing me about Betamit, he isn't hitting either! At least if he was generating runs, you could justify his existence on our roster. With Nix around to play 3B, I'd rather see Lillibridge around than Betemit. Yup, I said it. At least Brent can stop a baseball with a glove.