Chicago Slayer vs. Oakland Athletic 6/4 Thread-1:05pm-CSN

Brian

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
Can we get rid of Kenny and hire someone from the Twins organization. I could only imagine what they could do with a sizable payroll to work with.

Seriously? I'm sure he had a direct correlation with us losing to the A's. You were probably singing his praises on the last road trip.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of you had lower expectations for this team as i learned in the chatroom last night. I need to now copy you and officially lower my expectations. I thought we could be a .600 type team.

To lose 3 of 4 to the As at home is a disgrace. It simply is a disgrace.

Boy Wonder Beckham continue to follow a pattern with Sox newcomers in never getting off to a sizzling start. (I'm not down on him after one game, just saying we never get a new piece to our team come in and go 3-3 with 4 ribbies or something like that.

And for all of you who say it's a marathon not a sprint and way to overreact after one series and what do you expect with all the injuries ... I realize it's just one series and it's a marathon and yes we've been f***ed with CQ out.

But you can't deny the Sox have been disgracefully bad to start this homestand after a GREAT road trip.

It doesn't compute except to say you with the lower expectations were right.

Several in the chatroom said we're a .500 team at best and that is apparently the case.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 04:28 PM)
And thats Kenny's fault because?

A loss is a loss to me, but what is Kenny's fault is his preaching about speed and OBP and then building a roster that really doesn't fit that. I really thought they would be in first place at the end of this homestand. They still might, but 3 out of 4 lost to Oakland at home is demoralizing.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
A loss is a loss to me, but what is Kenny's fault is his preaching about speed and OBP and then building a roster that really doesn't fit that. I really thought they would be in first place at the end of this homestand. They still might, but 3 out of 4 lost to Oakland at home is demoralizing.

They do have quite a bit of speed on the team, only AJ, Thome, Kong and Dye could be considered slow, that leaves 5/9 guys in the lineup with some good legs.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 09:16 PM)
28.57% of our losses have been via the shutout.. EPIC.

Everyone of our contributors from last year and were traded were replaced with people who just haven't done a thing. Whart do we have to show now for instance with the Swisher trade?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)
Everyone of our contributors from last year and were traded were replaced with people who just haven't done a thing. Whart do we have to show now for instance with the Swisher trade?

Dayan Viciedo.

Cmon, guys. Maybe it's not so much that we're losing to pitchers we've never seen before because we're unprepared, but maybe, we're entering a whole new era of baseball where team....after team....after team....after team... is promoting potential aces!

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 05:49 PM)

I'd hardly call Nick a contributor last year...