Chicago Slayer vs. Oakland Athletic 6/4 Thread-1:05pm-CSN

Brian

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 10:12 AM)
OK, so lets get all of the Wise-cracks out of the way now...

I've actually heard that the reason Wise wasn't the one DFA'd is because Slayer will be using him as his bat.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 10:12 AM)
OK, so lets get all of the Wise-cracks out of the way now...

We should all listen to Ozzie. When Wise comes up, everyone in the stands should stand up and turn their backs to the field.

Hopefully they get him the no. 6 jersey soon...

However, with the no. 6 jersey, you have to contend with the ghost of Charley Lau... on the other hand though, that might be a good thing, since Lau was a great hitting coach. hmmmm...

But you definitely don't want 15, that's the curse of the Betemit.

QUOTE (gsoxs1 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 08:40 AM)
We should all listen to Ozzie. When Wise comes up, everyone in the stands should stand up and turn their backs to the field.

Eh, Anderson asked out of the game yesterday, Wise playing today is expected and tolerable. The more at bats he gets while Anderson is sick, the fewer he'll need while Anderson is healthy to prove that he should be DFA'd.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 08:40 AM)
Hopefully they get him the no. 6 jersey soon...

However, with the no. 6 jersey, you have to contend with the ghost of Charley Lau... on the other hand though, that might be a good thing, since Lau was a great hitting coach. hmmmm...

But you definitely don't want 15, that's the curse of the Betemit.

Gordon Beckham doesn't believe in curses. He eats them for breakfast.

So guys, in yesterdays softball game I ended up playing 2nd the last couple innings (odd feat given I'm a lefty). But I started two DP's and turned another (boy was that tough). So I've decided the Sox should call me up. My defensive play will be legendary.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 10:11 AM)
Merle Haggard is some good s***. I think my favorite song of his is White Line Fever.

Yes it is. My current favorite is "Huntsville" along with long time favorite, "Footlights"

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 11:34 AM)
So guys, in yesterdays softball game I ended up playing 2nd the last couple innings (odd feat given I'm a lefty). But I started two DP's and turned another (boy was that tough). So I've decided the Sox should call me up. My defensive play will be legendary.

Kinda like the Legend of Wilson Betemit?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 11:34 AM)

Niiiice.

Beckham 2-4 HR 2RBI's

Solid Defense at third, with at least one "good" play. (Not like a webgem or anything, but something where you'd think to yourself "Josh probably would have f***ed that up")

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
Merle Haggard is some good s***. I think my favorite song of his is White Line Fever.

I sure like his music. I think he sand a song called "America" too and I thought that was real special

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 12:34 PM)
Beckham didn't sleep last night? That's not good.

Adrenaline will get him through today. It will catch up to him tomorrow. Can't blame the young man. Some of us couldn't sleep last night after hearing the news!

Short term prediction: 1-4 with a mental mistake at 3b causing most of Soxtalk to turn against him and demand KW be fired for rushing him.

Long term prediction: .300 lifetime hitter, ten all-star appearances, and 5 White Sox World Series Rings. Dream Big.