Small update on Anderson

KipWellsFan

Suddenly sidelined: Brian Anderson, the White Sox' first-round draft pick and 15th selection overall in the 2003 First-Year Player Draft, has been out of action for the past six games at Great Falls with soreness in his right wrist. It's a pre-existing condition from his days at the University of Arizona, according to the team.

Anderson tried to swing a bat for the first time all week on Friday but still reported pain, as the White Sox treat Anderson's condition on a day-to-day basis. The first-round selection is hitting .389 in the Advanced Rookie League, with two home runs and 13 RBIs. He also has two stolen bases.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...t=.jsp&c_id=cha

Wrist injuries are VERRRY slow to heal.

Yeah they are, and that's what sucks about them. My brother broke his wrist 2 1/2 years ago in a lacrosse game, and to this day it still hurts him when he does certain things. Oh, and does anyone know what the old college injury to Anderson's wrist was? I mean, did he break it or what? thanks

Yeah they are, and that's what sucks about them.  My brother broke his wrist 2 1/2 years ago in a lacrosse game, and to this day it still hurts him when he does certain things.  Oh, and does anyone know what the old college injury to Anderson's wrist was?  I mean, did he break it or what?  thanks

oh man, i hope it is nothing like that. i like this kid potential.

I hate hearing about wrist injuries.

I know that Hep Sep Choi was effected for like two years with one (Although he still ripped the crap out of the ball) and Nick Johnson has always been hampered with wrist injuries. I think it really depends on the guy and the severity of it.

It is worrisome though. The good sign is that he played all of last season with it. So I'm guessing it wasn't effecting him then.

I just hope he gets healthy and starts crushing the ball again.