Is Gordon Beckham a Bust?

Pants Rowland

I was at the game today and from my seats in section 103 in RF, I was very unimpressed with "Slayer". Considering how many at bats he had in college and the minors, it was hugely disappointing that he did not go 5-5 with at least 3 home runs and 7 RBI. He also did not have one Web Gem all day. I think it is time to end this experiment and trade him before his stock drops further. Thoughts?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow you guys are f***ing idiots, the kid is still young and it was his first game. My god you guys just please stop being sox fans asap. Some people on this site are truly morons.

:P

I couldn’t stop crying after the game so I tried to get some sleep. I woke up in a puddle of my own urine and in a Wonder Woman consume. Neither of these things made sense, but one thing is for certain. THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT GORDON BECKHAM!!!

It would be nice to see him do something positive in the next 7 games on this homestand, however.

He'll probably play in five or six of the seven.

Lets say he gets 24 more at bats. Would nice to see him get eight or more hits and cause some Beckham-mania rather than more of the Sox snooze attack.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 11:36 PM)
It would be nice to see him do something positive in the next 7 games on this homestand, however.

He'll probably play in five or six of the seven.

Lets say he gets 24 more at bats. Would nice to see him get eight or more hits and cause some Beckham-mania rather than more of the Sox snooze attack.

we should bring back Betemit, why give up our top glove for this ubber prospect, ha

Why don't you make this a positive thread and give me your expectations for him

the next 7 games on this homestand.

I want eight hits in his next 24 at bats and him to enliven our s*** offense.

In all seriousness, I was slightly disturbed by Beckham's at-bats. I'm not worried, but as far as I had read he wasn't capable of 3 garbage at-bats in a row, and that's more or less what we got today. Just shows what scouting reports can put in your head, or as some posters would say the better version of Derek Jeter.