BECKGAME THREADHAM: CLE @ CWS, 7:11pm WCIU

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (High Mileage @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
I hope he does well. Last year, I wanted him or Buster Posey. We took Hosmer instead...

Hosmer was a good pick. He's a very talented prep and he's doing a nice job in the minors, showing very good gap to gap power and I believe he'll project to hit for a ton of power. That said, Posey and Beckham are much more polished and ready to make a more immediate impact.

I really liked Posey coming out as well.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)
Hosmer was a good pick. He's a very talented prep and he's doing a nice job in the minors, showing very good gap to gap power and I believe he'll project to hit for a ton of power. That said, Posey and Beckham are much more polished and ready to make a more immediate impact.

I really liked Posey coming out as well.

Buster Posey's gay?

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
Podsednik LF

Ramirez SS

Thome DH

Konerko 1B

Pierzynski C

Anderson CF

Wise RF

Beckham 3B

Getz 2B

Danks

... does Dye REALLY need a day off?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)

Chicago White Sox outfielder Jermaine Dye's two-game suspension, announced last month, was upheld by Major League Baseball on Friday.

That means Dye will begin serving his suspension Friday as the White Sox host the Cleveland Indians.

On May 13 in Cleveland, Dye was ejected by plate umpire Mike DiMuro after being called out on strikes with the bases loaded in the sixth inning. Dye argued briefly with DiMuro and was ejected after slamming down his helmet, which bounced off the umpire.

ESPNchicago.com

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:07 PM)

I know. I'd rather him not sit a game when they are on a 3 game losing streak. The Anderson/Wise 6th/7th spot sure is ugly.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
Sweet, Wise gets to face another LHP tomorrow.

I really would rather they put Nix out there, who may not be a high ceiling hitter, but he looks good defensively everywhere he plays, and I'm beginning to like him as a utility player.

WTF? Milton Bradley who has a HUGE history with umps and generally being disrespectful to the game gets his suspension reduced to 1 game and Dye has to sit for 2, when he didn't even touch the ump.... admist his hottest hitting stretch of the season. Bulls***.

Edited by watchtower41

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
i hate dewayne wise.

ps, where did this beckham/bacon thing come from? i musta missed it.

In his press conference, when Ozzie says "Beckham", it sounds like "Bacon".

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
In his press conference, when Ozzie says "Beckham", it sounds like "Bacon".

No Ozzie is actually calling Beckham "Bacon" I don't get why it's so hard for people to understand thay he has a real nickame other than the local adopted favorite 'Slayer'

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:18 PM)
i hate dewayne wise.

ps, where did this beckham/bacon thing come from? i musta missed it.

Don't hate Wise, he's just out there trying to play. Be angry with the people who keep running him out there expecting him to suddenly become a major league ballplayer.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
Gotta love MLB. Burnett got 6 games for throwing at and missing a batter, Padilla just got fined for hitting Tex.

Padilla is the biggest joke of all these. I seriously can't believe he continues to get away with the s*** he does, over and over again, and somehow isn't penalized liek everyone else. Dude is a Class A jackass.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:27 PM)
Padilla is the biggest joke of all these. I seriously can't believe he continues to get away with the s*** he does, over and over again, and somehow isn't penalized liek everyone else. Dude is a Class A jackass.

On top of that he can't pitch worth a s***.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 03:51 PM)
Hosmer was a good pick. He's a very talented prep and he's doing a nice job in the minors, showing very good gap to gap power and I believe he'll project to hit for a ton of power.

Take a look at his splits against lefites...

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:01 PM)
Who is that in your avatar?

George Brett, hitting #3,000

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:17 PM)
Gotta love MLB. Burnett got 6 games for throwing at and missing a batter, Padilla just got fined for hitting Tex.

Padilla got released for his antics.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 04:26 PM)
Don't hate Wise, he's just out there trying to play. Be angry with the people who keep running him out there expecting him to suddenly become a major league ballplayer.

these are my actual sentiments. i don't actually hate the guy, i feel for him. but i'm also sick of saying i hate ozzie also... eventually i'll just roll over and accept it... but in the meantime... it blows my mind.