6/6 Thread - Sox vs. Indians - 3:05pm CDT on Fox

knightni

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It took 3 months, but I'm back to hating Ozzie. If he can't handle playing rookies, then he needs to leave this organization, as there's a handful more to come in the next few years.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:17 PM)
f***ing great that I don't get to see Beckham play.

I don't know if Ozzie has the patience to break in rookies.

Maybe Ozzie should take his own advice he gave everyone when they complained about Wise's at bats and apply it to Beckham.

So Getz who drops a throw, and then dogs after the ball doesn't get benched but Beckham does. Awesome.

Edited by southsideirish71

I knew this s*** would happen with Beckham. Guillen can be so predictable. A part of me believes he would have been benched even if he went 6-6.

And didn't Guillen say before Beckham's promotion he'd find him consistent ABs? Really, what is an off day going to do? He'll only think about it and be more frustrated that he'll have to wait another day to play.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:25 PM)
Pods7, Missile6, Thome dh, PK3, AJ2, Fields 5, Nix9, Getz4, BA8. Floyd pitching.

Right players, wrong order....for every position.

Here's the real one:

Podsednik

Ramirez

Thome

Konerko

Pierzynski

Fields

Nix

Getz

Anderson.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

Today seems like a perfect day for Castro to start. Lefty pitcher on the mound, afternoon game after a night game, Floyd pitching, so at least with Castro's arm we have a slight chance of throwing runners out...

I like Ozzie, but he's a dumbass a lot of the times. However, if we keep sucking, I wouldn't be surprised just to see him step down, he seems like the type that would do that.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 06:37 PM)
Right players, wrong order....for every position.

Here's the real one:

Podsednik

Ramirez

Thome

Konerko

Pierzynski

Fields

Nix

Getz

Anderson.

He was giving the number for the position equivalent.

And:

"I just want to get Fields in there," manager Ozzie Guillen said. "I have to make the lineup the best I can every day to make the kids play. I've got a couple of guys who have to play also."

Great.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 07:52 PM)

And:

"I just want to get Fields in there," manager Ozzie Guillen said. "I have to make the lineup the best I can every day to make the kids play. I've got a couple of guys who have to play also."

Great.

It's pretty obvious that Ozzie didn't want to call Beckham up.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
Gotta love 4 lefty hitters against a pitcher who holds lefties to a .180 batting average and righties hit well over .300.

If anyone is getting to Sowers it's Thome. He is 4-6 with 3 HRs off him.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:52 PM)

Jesus, I don't know how the hell I missed that. When I first came upon his post I thought it was Guillen trying something radical to change the lineup.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (chisox2334 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 07:02 PM)
If you want to feel better turn on mlb network their showing game 5 of alcs in 2005

Watching it now...the last 3 innings of this game are great. Konerko's AB coming up against KRod in the 9th is fantastic.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:54 PM)

I'm one to normally come to Ozzie's defense. I've got nothing for this one. Sowers is one of the worst pitchers on the planet. This would be an ideal opportunity for Beckham to have a breakout game.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 11:54 AM)

couldn't agree more.

and now that i think of it, if i was a fan paying to come out and watch this terrible play, the least I would want is to see Beckham play.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 08:11 PM)
couldn't agree more.

and now that i think of it, if i was a fan paying to come out and watch this terrible play, the least I would want is to see Beckham play.

Not that anyone cares, but I know at least 10 people who bought tickets for this game on Thursday so they could see Beckham play.

A logical lineup for today would have been...

1. Podsednik, LF

2. Ramirez, SS

3. Thome, DH

4. Konerko, 1B

5. Castro, C

6. Fields, 3B

7. Nix, RF

8. Beckham, 2B

9. Anderson, CF

Of course, that'd make too much sense... However, after the 4 spot, that was a tough lineup to put together. Our options for CF, RF, 3B, and 2B are crap right now. Besides Beckham, who's a rookie and would be silly to expect a huge impact from him, we got nothing. Dye is suspended, Wise and Anderson have had like a total of 2 good AB's, Nix thinks he's the greatest home run hitter of all time, Fields doesn't know what he's doing... yuck.

I'm hoping for next year, if we don't have Figgins at 3B and leading off, we can get someone like Rolen for 3B who can hit and provide us with a solid option in the middle of the lineup if we're ever in a situation with two big hitters out (Dye and Q)... Beckham would be at 2B.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:54 PM)

IMO it's not that he didn't want Beckham called up

He feels that he's being handcuffed as a manger by Williams holding the reigns on who and who isn't on the roster

Players like Wise, Betemit, Lillibridge, Whisler get called up to the big leagues from the minors ALL the time

But when it's your most highly touted player that's brought to the bigleagues, the manager isn't really given the same type of control as he is over those other scrub-type players

This is why Ozzie seems as though he doesn't like having Beckham in the lineup, it's not because of who Beckham is or his ability

It's because Ozzie feels as if he's having his managerial duties cut short by a 3rd party (Kenny Williams)