Tigers @ White Sox GAME 1 1:05pm WGN-HD

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 11:31 AM)
I said about a week ago that we'll be able to tell what their plans are for Jose depending on who is sent down. If they send Gobble down, that leaves only 1 lefty in the bullpen, and Ozzie won't like that situation. That means Clayton will be going back to the bullpen while Contreras goes to the rotation. If Whisler is sent down, that opens a bullpen spot for Contreras, and Clayton is staying in the rotation. The other alternative would be something like a DL trip for Colon or someone else.

No, that leaves 2 lefties in the bullpen - Whisler and Thornton. Which is why I think its Gobble going down regardless (though Whisler is not out of the question).

Colon may go to the bullpen - he doesn't go deep into games anyway.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 09:44 AM)
No, that leaves 2 lefties in the bullpen - Whisler and Thornton. Which is why I think its Gobble going down regardless (though Whisler is not out of the question).

Colon may go to the bullpen - he doesn't go deep into games anyway.

Whisler is a lefty?

My mind is blown.

What's the latest update? I am at least hoping to get to watch on TV since it appears WGN is carrying game one

not only do the whitesox suck but it is obvious that whitesox fans are broke. mlb.tv is less than $100 for the year and still you guys wonder how to watch the games? lol!

i find it interesting that not one of the last 10 games in this series have been decided by 1 run.

fyi: gallaraga shut us out on 04.15.

note: gallaraga has given up at least 1 hr in his last 7 outtings, with 2 given up in five of those starts.

detroit has scored a total of 9 runs in the 5 road games that gallarage has started.

Edited by whitesoxmanager

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)
I'd have to think its Gobble, especially since he's the 3rd lefty (and he's been pretty bad).

After yesterday though I think it is Whisler he ended any chance ofcoming back. Gobble outside of one outing has been doing good, I believe.

Aren't both of these guys 27?

QUOTE (everafan @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 11:00 AM)
Anyone know who has been reassigned to make room for Contreras?

After watching his last few starts, I wonder if there is going to be a DL trip for Colon? He has been by far the worst starter lately, and the Sox need the guys in the pen right now.

No Beckham in the lineup:

S. Podsednik lf

A. Ramirez ss

J. Dye rf

J. Thome dh

P. Konerko 1b

A.J. Pierzynski c

C. Getz 2b

J. Fields 3b

D. Wise cf

C. Granderson cf

P. Polanco 2b

M. Ordonez rf

M. Cabrera 1b

M. Thames dh

B. Inge 3b

R. Raburn lf

A. Everett ss

D. Sardinha c

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:15 PM)
No Beckham in the lineup:

S. Podsednik lf

A. Ramirez ss

J. Dye rf

J. Thome dh

P. Konerko 1b

A.J. Pierzynski c

C. Getz 2b

J. Fields 3b

D. Wise cf

C. Granderson cf

P. Polanco 2b

M. Ordonez rf

M. Cabrera 1b

M. Thames dh

B. Inge 3b

R. Raburn lf

A. Everett ss

D. Sardinha c

I would wonder what is going on if there wasn't a second game today. I'm sure if he's not hurt or sick he's in the line-up tonight.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:36 PM)
yep not even here for a week and hes getting jerked around already

give Getz the day off and let Beckham play some second. He had a good, solid hit in the 8th yesterday, let him build off it.

I honestly didn't even think Ozzie could mess this up, but so far, he's proving me wrong.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:38 PM)
There's another game today. He'll be in the line-up as long as he's healthy. This really isn't a day off.

Yep, I have no problem with it. Let him face Bonderman, who he had success against 2 weeks ago.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:09 PM)
After yesterday though I think it is Whisler he ended any chance ofcoming back. Gobble outside of one outing has been doing good, I believe.

Aren't both of these guys 27?

Gobble has a 7.00 ERA, and a 1.56 WHIP. He has allowed more H+BB than IP in 5 of his 8 outings. Opponents have an .829 OPS against him. He's walking 5 batters per 9 innings. He's also gotten 20 fly ball outs against only 8 ground outs (0.40 GB/FB), which is a recipe for disaster when the Cell warms up. He's given up 2 HR already in 9 IP, which is not a particularly good ratio. He's just not getting it done.

Not that Whisler is, but, Whisler has pitched twice, having one OK outing, and one bad one. I'd rather see what Whisler can do given the chance than keep running Gobble out there when he was a failure last year in KC, wasn't all that great in Charlotte, and is bad again now in Chicago.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
There's another game today. He'll be in the line-up as long as he's healthy. This really isn't a day off.

Oh right, I kind of forgot there was a game later. I guess I will reserve my judgment to see if he plays then.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:38 PM)
give Getz the day off and let Beckham play some second. He had a good, solid hit in the 8th yesterday, let him build off it.

I honestly didn't even think Ozzie could mess this up, but so far, he's proving me wrong.

Galarraga dominated righties last year. This is the right lineup, relax.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 05:12 PM)
After watching his last few starts, I wonder if there is going to be a DL trip for Colon? He has been by far the worst starter lately, and the Sox need the guys in the pen right now.

But has there been in talk of an injury to Bart?

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)

Wow, dude. I like the idea of Beckham sliding to second as well, but you are seriously panicking over absolutely nothing here. Its the first game of a double-header, and you are convinced that Beckham being out this game is Ozzie jerking him around? Please come back down to earth.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:41 PM)
Wow, dude. I like the idea of Beckham sliding to second as well, but you are seriously panicking over absolutely nothing here. Its the first game of a double-header, and you are convinced that Beckham being out this game is Ozzie jerking him around? Please come back down to earth.

No, I just forgot there was a double header today.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:25 PM)
Wow, please send Beckham down. If he's not gonna play every day, send him back down.

Since Fields has been looking more like a major leaguer and Guillen views Getz as a player requiring more ABs (speedy, grindy better matchup against righties), Beckham isn't going to find consistent plate appearances.

For Beckham's sake he better find himself a hit quickly, before he goes back to the minors. Definitely don't want that on your mind. This means not embarrassing himself with any 0-20's, 0-30's. Need to get this monkey off quickly.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 05:41 PM)

Correct. There will be others sitting in game two and Beckham will be playing I am sure. Just wish it was Beckham in game one