Tigers @ White Sox GAME 1 1:05pm WGN-HD

WSoxMatt

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
So has there been no official word on who was sent down for the Count (lol)?

I think they are waiting til game 2 to announce it, thats why Richard is pitching game 1, so they can have the extra arm in the bullpen, then make a move in between games

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:44 PM)
So has there been no official word on who was sent down for the Count (lol)?

Trib said today that they'd wait until just before gametime to activate Jose, in case the game looks like a no-go or big delays and they need the pen arms. So I'd guess we won't know until gametime.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:45 PM)
I think they are waiting til game 2 to announce it, thats why Richard is pitching game 1, so they can have the extra arm in the bullpen, then make a move in between games

Ah, that makes sense. Good plan I guess.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:40 PM)
But has there been in talk of an injury to Bart?

Not yet, but I am suspciious on my own. He is still throwing 86-88 and he is throwing NOTHING off speed at all. Once in while he mixed in an overhand curve, but that is about it. For a guy that used to throw 96+, it makes me wonder if that shoulder is still hurting him.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:45 PM)

If Richard doesn't pitch well, someone like Whisler or Gobble is going to get a bunch of innings and be the sacrificial lamb who goes 4-5 innings and gets sent to Charlotte.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:51 PM)
Not yet, but I am suspciious on my own. He is still throwing 86-88 and he is throwing NOTHING off speed at all. Once in while he mixed in an overhand curve, but that is about it. For a guy that used to throw 96+, it makes me wonder if that shoulder is still hurting him.

Go back to yesterday's game thread. On the very first hitter, I made the observation that he was short-arming the ball more than usual and getting no extension. It's like he was shot putting the ball to the plate.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
According to Ozzie at his press conference yesterday, Colon isn't leaving the rotation.

The DL isn't leaving the rotation technically, because starters don't lose jobs because of injury in Ozzie's world.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
According to Ozzie at his press conference yesterday, Colon isn't leaving the rotation.

Sweet, I love throwing BP to the opposing team every 5 days.

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 10:38 AM)
give Getz the day off and let Beckham play some second. He had a good, solid hit in the 8th yesterday, let him build off it.

I honestly didn't even think Ozzie could mess this up, but so far, he's proving me wrong.

Gordon didn't have a hit yesterday.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2...clemlb_chamlb_1

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:40 PM)
But has there been in talk of an injury to Bart?

Yes, he has been diagnosed with solopitchitus. It's partly mental - you actually think you can get big leaguers out with only an 86 mph fastball.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 12:39 PM)
Gobble has a 7.00 ERA, and a 1.56 WHIP. He has allowed more H+BB than IP in 5 of his 8 outings. Opponents have an .829 OPS against him. He's walking 5 batters per 9 innings. He's also gotten 20 fly ball outs against only 8 ground outs (0.40 GB/FB), which is a recipe for disaster when the Cell warms up. He's given up 2 HR already in 9 IP, which is not a particularly good ratio. He's just not getting it done.

Not that Whisler is, but, Whisler has pitched twice, having one OK outing, and one bad one. I'd rather see what Whisler can do given the chance than keep running Gobble out there when he was a failure last year in KC, wasn't all that great in Charlotte, and is bad again now in Chicago.

I saw them pitch yesterday and Gobble looked servicable as he had in his previous few outings which off the top of my head I can not recall each individual stat and Whisler couldn't throw a strike and killed the momentum in the game. Outside of one outing where Gobble had to "wear it" he has looked good to me.

I really could care less which stays and which goes maybe a statistical analysis of their careers starting at age 5 will change my mind can you dig that up for me. I think this is the least of their worries.

Also Thome should have played yesterday and Saturday over Beckham, an opinion that I fear could get me ridden out of town as god forbid someone not annoint Beckham the second coming. I understand Robin Ventura and Ryne Sandberg began their careers a combined 0-70. This seems like a panic move to me.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
I saw them pitch yesterday and Gobble looked servicable as he had in his previous few outings which off the top of my head I can not recall each individual stat and Whisler couldn't throw a strike and killed the momentum in the game. Outside of one outing where Gobble had to "wear it" he has looked good to me.

I really could care less which stays and which goes maybe a statistical analysis of their careers starting at age 5 will change my mind can you dig that up for me. I think this is the least of their worries.

Also Thome should have played yesterday and Saturday over Beckham, an opinion that I fear could get me ridden out of town as god forbid someone not annoint Beckham the second coming. I understand Robin Ventura and Ryne Sandberg began their careers a combined 0-70. This seems like a panic move to me.

So in other words, your opinion is based on one game you watched? And the stats are meaningless?

But for the record I'm with you in the camp that says calling up Beckham was a mistake. Its just that, now that he's here, he needs to play to develop.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
So in other words, your opinion is based on one game you watched? And the stats are meaningless?

But for the record I'm with you in the camp that says calling up Beckham was a mistake. Its just that, now that he's here, he needs to play to develop.

Pretty much, ya.

1 run in 8 innings and a WHIP of 1 taking out the Minnesota game, that is what I have seen from Gooble. Whisler has a higher WHIP and ERA

Really splitting hairs for two guys that are not important.

Oh the game has started.