GameThread: White Sox(26-31) vs Tigers(31-25)GAME 2 7:11 WCIU

Kyyle23

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 10:10 PM)
I'd rather have Nix at 2B over Getz every game -- until they get a quality third baseman and move Beckham to his future home at 2B.

Why not give Getz a chance to see what he can do? Besides for Brian Anderson, no one has received more love for accomplishing less than Nix this season.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 05:40 PM)
Why not give Getz a chance to see what he can do? Besides for Brian Anderson, no one has received more love for accomplishing less than Nix this season.

Nix is an outstanding defensive second baseman. Neither can hit much, but Nix has a little more pop. Everyone knows 2B belongs to Beckham anyway, so until they trade for someone to play third (which I hope is soon) I would play the better defender with a little more pop.

If Getz or Nix aren't included in any trades, both make decent bench players although again Nix ghas an edge because of his versatilty over Getz.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)
Nix is an outstanding defensive second baseman. Neither can hit much, but Nix has a little more pop. Everyone knows 2B belongs to Beckham anyway, so until they trade for someone to play third (which I hope is soon) I would play the better defender with a little more pop.

If Getz or Nix aren't included in any trades, both make decent bench players although again Nix ghas an edge because of his versatilty over Getz.

It's not like Getz is terrible defensively. I'd rather see what Getz can do and use the rest of the year as a trial run for him. If Nix is a key part of your team in 2010, then we're in trouble again. He's fine as the 2nd back-up infielder.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:02 PM)
I agree, but I think the same is true of Getz.

I want a quality third baseman and Beckham at 2B, this year.

I'm glad im not the only one whos given up on this year.

although i am starting to understand the viewpoint of blowing it up and trying to rebuild in a hurry with some of the youth + whatever we could get by trading some of our proven guys

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:53 PM)
So I just saw the replay of Inge's game winning single. Why is Alexei playing so far up the middle for a righty hitter getting an inside fastball?

he was probably shading the runner