6/10 Kitties vs. Sox @ 7:11

Scouting Report:

Tigers: Manager Jim Leyland said after Verlander's Friday start that he is now at his best he's seen him during his three-year career with the Tigers, and it's hard to argue otherwise. The 26-year-old won AL pitcher of the month honors for May, and started off his June with eight innings of shutout ball against the Angels. That game marked the fourth time this year he has thrown seven or more innings of shutout ball. Verlander now has a 1.12 ERA in his last eight starts, and has officially turned the corner after a subpar 2008 and a slow start to 2009.

White Sox: Danks labored through 5 2/3 innings in his last start on Friday against the Indians, a 6-0 loss. He struck out four, walked two and allowed six hits, but three of those hits were home runs, including back-to-back dingers in the sixth inning, which knocked him from the game. Against the Tigers, Danks is 2-1 in six career starts with a 4.00 ERA. He has struck out 32 batters in those starts while walking seven.

Despite all the turmoil, this has been a very good series. It's going to be tough to salvage a series win going against Verlander and Jackson, but it's begins with a solid start from Danks.

:gosox3: :headbang

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 02:58 PM)
Are these next two games about as must-win as they come for games in June??

I would say so, at least for early June...especially against a division rival. Winning both is a series win, albeit barely. Losing one is a series loss, and that would hurt more than a series win would help.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)
I'll be in attendance tonight...which is a bad sign this year.

What is Old Home Night?

White Sox promotional schedule says it is Blues Night.

I was going by Scott Reifert's tweet. AS IN msg via www.twitter.com

Edited by tommy

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 12:50 PM)
Fields out again - message being sent.

Fields is a terrible matchup against Verlander right now.

Anyway, do we have anyone at AAA who can play backup infielder? I'm starting to wonder if Josh wouldn't be better off in Charlotte getting daily at bats.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)

Anyway, do we have anyone at AAA who can play backup infielder? I'm starting to wonder if Josh wouldn't be better off in Charlotte getting daily at bats.

What positions can darryl ward play?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)

Nix is really the backup IF right now, and Wise is the backup OF. We need a backup 1B who can maybe also play other positions or PH, since Nix plays the other three IF positions well. Take a wild guess who I'd suggest.

Either way though, I agree Fields needs AB's, I just think it won't be in this organization most likely. Not sure he's got much more to prove in AAA.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:42 PM)
if you could start your team with 5 non pitchers who would they be?

mine are:

1. ichiro suzuki

2. albert pujols

3. mark texieria

4. kevin youkilis

5. orlando hudson

interested to see what you guys would do?

This is an odd post for this thread...

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
if you could start your team with 5 non pitchers who would they be?

mine are:

1. ichiro suzuki

2. albert pujols

3. mark texieria

4. kevin youkilis

5. orlando hudson

interested to see what you guys would do?

You seem to have an odd habit of posting in a thread with stuff completely unrelated to the topic at hand. I seem to recall the other day, you added posts to a game or baseball thread, with something about feminine hygiene.

Are you lost?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
Either way though, I agree Fields needs AB's, I just think it won't be in this organization most likely. Not sure he's got much more to prove in AAA.

I know why you guys are saying this, I just think it's so silly. Someone's going to pick up Fields off of us for nothing, teach him a better swing, and he'll spend the rest of his career putting up Troy Glaus in his non steroid year numbers over at 3b, and that someone will be very happy with it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:50 PM)
I know why you guys are saying this, I just think it's so silly. Someone's going to pick up Fields off of us for nothing, teach him a better swing, and he'll spend the rest of his career putting up Troy Glaus in his non steroid year numbers over at 3b, and that someone will be very happy with it.

You are arguing with the wrong guy on this. I've said a zillion times, I think he was starting to figure it out, and should have been left to continue that, instead of promoting a guy way too early. And I think there is a good chance he does indeed get good somewhere else, which sucks. But, I think we've now gone too far down that road, and he just doesn't have a future here anymore, barring some injuries.