6/10 Kitties vs. Sox @ 7:11

A loss here might be the straw the breaks the camels back and leads Kenny to make another move or two towards the future. 6.5 back is a decent amount, especially when your past June and the team is still struggling to hit and pitch. Usually by June to the middle of June you got a pretty good idea of who your club is, unless of course you haven't had a healthy squad (the Sox have had injuries, but I still think they have a pretty good idea that they are a mediocre club at best).

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two more losses, and I wonder if CQ gets surgery on his foot. The recent Cowley information about CQ, located in the thread about his health, is awful! 2009 has just been a disasterous season for him.

I hope we just shut him down personally. Take the BA approach from Herm, be lazyl et that foot heal, and get em in 2010. Carlos is indeed an injury prone player, I said that before. I want him here as long as possible but if KW can get a haul for him in 2-4 years... do it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:46 PM)
Two more losses, and I wonder if CQ gets surgery on his foot. The recent Cowley information about CQ, located in the thread about his health, is awful! 2009 has just been a disasterous season for him.

I'm the last one that would want our team to loose on purpose for a draft pick or anything like that but... I think with this situation and current roster there is little chance we can compete for this division. There's no reason by sorta in it to rush CQ when he's not healthy.

I say let's start the youth movement, let CQ heal, and come back full force next year, while allowing the kids to get used to majors and also be part of next year's squad.

With that said I always will cheer the Sox on to win.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:51 PM)
I'm the last one that would want our team to loose on purpose for a draft pick or anything like that but... I think with this situation and current roster there is little chance we can compete for this division. There's no reason by sorta in it to rush CQ when he's not healthy.

I say let's start the youth movement, let CQ heal, and come back full force next year, while allowing the kids to get used to majors and also be part of next year's squad.

With that said I always will cheer the Sox on to win.

Stop suckin' up to the mods, tommy.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:49 PM)
You seem to have an odd habit of posting in a thread with stuff completely unrelated to the topic at hand. I seem to recall the other day, you added posts to a game or baseball thread, with something about feminine hygiene.

Are you lost?

No too mention a very strange list.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
saw a tweet from Mark Gonzalez saying Quentin probably out until after the All-Star game.

This season is OVAH -- not that it was ever underway.

KW and Ozzie seem to disagree on Quentin... a tweet from Cowley says KW said:

Ozzie's timetable on Quentin is off, and the outfielder should be back quicker than Guillen thinks.

This is an odd post for this thread...

well glad to see we can talk a little baseball.....its a good thing that i didnt mention that nick swisher is having a hellova day for the yankees already or that hanley ramirez is good at going the other way as he did in the first inning. oh wait...i must only rah rah for our beloved whitesox.

QUOTE (whitesoxmanager @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 06:59 PM)
well glad to see we can talk a little baseball.....its a good thing that i didnt mention that nick swisher is having a hellova day for the yankees already or that hanley ramirez is good at going the other way as he did in the first inning. oh wait...i must only rah rah for our beloved whitesox.

I believe there is a whole forum entitled The Diamond Club for just that purpose....

And just saw Swisher have a fly ball he should have caught just go over his head for a RBI double.... hellova day

Edited by ChiSox420*

Im really dissappointed in the apparent miscommunication of Kenny and Ozzie, they really need to be agreeing with each other in the media, let the disagreements stay in the clubhouse and office, but when they step out they need to be on the same page.