6/10 Kitties vs. Sox @ 7:11

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought last year was the worst year I've seen by umpires calling Sox games until this year, this is by far the worst, and that first pitch to Beckham was just awful, my god. That's something that has to get cleaned up as the year goes on, even yesterday there was a check-swing strikeout against Konerko that wasn't even f***ing CLOSE to being a swing

Oh, and I think the 1B umpire yesterday that called Konerko out on that check swing is the guy behind the plate tonight

Yeah, he needs to be talked to from his higher-ups, this is uncalled for

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
Awesome! Thank God we ran ourselves out of that inning! Wouldn't want the momentum going for too long.

Well to be fair, not stealing means we need an extra-base hit by Getz (not likely) or two hits in a row (also not likely) or a Getz walk and a hit (unlikely as well). So the SB makes only one hit necessary.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 01:52 AM)
I thought last year was the worst year I've seen by umpires calling Sox games until this year, this is by far the worst, and that first pitch to Beckham was just awful, my god. That's something that has to get cleaned up as the year goes on, even yesterday there was a check-swing strikeout against Konerko that wasn't even f***ing CLOSE to being a swing

Oh, and I think the 1B umpire yesterday that called Konerko out on that check swing is the guy behind the plate tonight

Yeah, he needs to be talked to from his higher-ups, this is uncalled for

As Hawk and Stoney are saying, no one is complaining, so I guess our players/coaches agreee with the call.