GameThread: Tigers (33-26) v. White Sox (27-33) 1:05 WGN

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 12:11 PM)
Between Q not coming back for a month, and PK being hurt, on top of the RISP struggles, I am Sox depressed. I hardly have the heart to watch this one right now.

I've got to be honest here, if Paulie is really hurt, i would be very interested in seeing Brandon Allen get a couple of weeks at the dish, THAT would make me excited.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 10:15 AM)
I think I'm passed that stage. I was there a few weeks ago. At this point for me, it's about watching Beckham every day, and now hoping to see Poreda get some innings. On top of it, we are getting to see how Getz and Anderson handle starting every day, Ramirez dealing with playing short, and seeing who is going to be in the team picture for next year.

It's certainly bad baseball, but there are some interesting reasons to watch.

Plus we get to see Danks and Floyd battle through and hopefully get themselves ontrack. Floyd appears to have turned the corner and I'm hoping for his 4th straight good outing. Hopefully danks turned the page yesterday :)

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:15 PM)
I think I'm passed that stage. I was there a few weeks ago. At this point for me, it's about watching Beckham every day, and now hoping to see Poreda get some innings. On top of it, we are getting to see how Getz and Anderson handle starting every day, Ramirez dealing with playing short, and seeing who is going to be in the team picture for next year.

Maybe the biggest thing of all is seeing if Danks can show he can be counted on as a top-tier pitcher in the upcoming years. If he can't be, then the whole retooling process is in deep s***.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 06:29 PM)
Plus we get to see Danks and Floyd battle through and hopefully get themselves ontrack. Floyd appears to have turned the corner and I'm hoping for his 4th straight good outing. Hopefully danks turned the page yesterday :)

You can tell Danks focused more on his landing area last night. He did a great job with it until the 7th, but it's still promising.

If Danks and Floyd prove themselves, than with Buehlre there the Sox are in a pretty good position to still compete while retooling the offense. And if Richard or Poreda look like solid starters than it means the Sox are in a great spot. My guess is we see one of richard/Poreda slide to the pen (or traded) and the Sox bring in one more really good starter and than we'll have a sick rotation and can deal with some of the growing pains on the offensive side of the ball.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 12:32 PM)
If Danks and Floyd prove themselves, than with Buehlre there the Sox are in a pretty good position to still compete while retooling the offense. And if Richard or Poreda look like solid starters than it means the Sox are in a great spot. My guess is we see one of richard/Poreda slide to the pen (or traded) and the Sox bring in one more really good starter and than we'll have a sick rotation and can deal with some of the growing pains on the offensive side of the ball.

don't forget if it works out like that for the rotation they will have $$ to add or keep a veteran bat or two to ease any growing pains

The more I think about it, the more I'm shocked the Sox basically gave up on Colon. I love the fact they did it, as it was obvious he wasn't adding to the fastball as the season went on. It's definitely a move that you wouldn't see them do in year's past.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 12:37 PM)
It just backs up the rebuilding plan without saying they are rebuilding. They replaced a broken down Colon with their top prospect. With guys like Glavine and Pedro still on the market, the Sox aren't going to get anything for Colon on the market come July, so why not?

I think KW is actually throwing the word "transition" around lately, which is a fancy word for rebuild