Sox @ Cubs 1:20 WGN

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Them rotten good for nothing grub just didn’t want to play yesterday. When they postponed the game I noticed it had just about stopped raining here on the south side but I thought maybe it was still raining up north. It stopped completely here about 8:30. I just looked at the hourly for Ohare and it stopped up there about the same time. In the hour ending 8:51 there was .17” of rain. In the next hour there was zero.

If they had waited until 8:30-8:45, even 9:00, they could have gotten the game in. That would have been a 1-½ or so rain delay. The Reds played through 2:15 delay on the same night.

After the game they pushed back Zambrano another full day. The evidence indicates they called it more due to their own selfish reasons than the weather. Weather alone, they could have gotten it in.

QUOTE (TLAK @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 07:14 AM)
Them rotten good for nothing grub just didn’t want to play yesterday. When they postponed the game I noticed it had just about stopped raining here on the south side but I thought maybe it was still raining up north. It stopped completely here about 8:30. I just looked at the hourly for Ohare and it stopped up there about the same time. In the hour ending 8:51 there was .17” of rain. In the next hour there was zero.

If they had waited until 8:30-8:45, even 9:00, they could have gotten the game in. That would have been a 1-½ or so rain delay. The Reds played through 2:15 delay on the same night.

After the game they pushed back Zambrano another full day. The evidence indicates they called it more due to their own selfish reasons than the weather. Weather alone, they could have gotten it in.

The crowd would have been a tad out of control.

Why was Zambrano pushed back?

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 08:00 AM)
The crowd would have been a tad out of control.

Why was Zambrano pushed back?

Maybe he was up late last night IM-ing his brother drinking red bulls

QUOTE (robinventura23 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 10:04 AM)
Let's try this one again. I'll guess I just have to listen to the stream at work.

Do you need to have MLB Gameday to listen to the stream, or is there a way you can listen to the live stream of the game for free? If so, please tell.

Huh?

I can see Wrigley out of my balcony and it was raining all night. The game would have been horrible conditions, especially considering that Wrigley doesnt drain nearly as well as the Cell (its actually one of the worst at handling water.)

Would you rather that they started the game, had it go 2-3 innings and then called it?

At that point we lose Danks for this series...

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
im in the same position you are although i have DVR and am recording it im sure i'll have 10 messages from some of my cub friends by the time i leave work...

Welcome to Soxtalk! I really hope we pull this one off. I will be putting of working, listening to the stream and talking smack with several cub fans on gchat! Go Sox!

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 11:52 AM)
The game would have been horrible conditions, especially considering that Wrigley doesnt drain nearly as well as the Cell (its actually one of the worst at handling water.)

I do believe the Sodfather and his crew installed a new drainage system at Wrigley just a couple years ago so it should be a lot better handling rain. That said, it rained pretty hard all night. They weren't going to get that one in yesterday.

QUOTE (soxfan3530 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
Welcome to Soxtalk! I really hope we pull this one off. I will be putting of working, listening to the stream and talking smack with several cub fans on gchat! Go Sox!

I appreciate it man! I finally found a place where I can talk Sox baseball :headbang