Sox @ Cubs 1:20 WGN

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
You're way, way too good of a baseball person to get caught up in just posting stuff about other people's posts. I also think you should see how the new rules on the site hold up, as things seem to be more relaxed in the game threads.

I'll believe it when I see it. The next time we have s***ty loss and there aren't 673 posts about how this entire team needs to be cut/traded/fired I'll believe.

I mock those posts because it ruins the site and drives people away.

On another note, hope to god this means Danks is back for good. Floyd seems to have found it, Count is solid, Burrly is burrly, and Richards is good enough. Our bullpen + that rotation is pretty scary considering Detroit is falling apart, Clevland sucks, and KC isn't as deep.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 12:41 PM)
has anyone read the Mark Gonzalez book? In the first chapter he refers to the "grand slam" hit by Tadahito Iguchi against David Wells in the 05 playoffs. How can they make that mistake?

No way! Really?

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 08:33 PM)
I don't know what the hell has happened to Linebrink, but he needs to find his stuff quick.

One pitch pitcher, and I believe the injury last year has prevented him from putting the ball just a little above the zone like he mastered last year.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 04:32 PM)
I'll believe it when I see it. The next time we have s***ty loss and there aren't 673 posts about how this entire team needs to be cut/traded/fired I'll believe.

I mock those posts because it ruins the site and drives people away.

And you're not helping, either.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 09:36 PM)
Not a terrible inning by Line. Nice 3 run cushion for Jenks

Did exactly what he had to. And scouting report time...be prepared for Bradley trying to bunt leading off the 9th!!

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 03:42 PM)
I hate to knit-pick, but is Beckham ever going to make a diving stop and cleanly throw someone out? His game today defensively left a lot to be desired.

First year in pro ball.

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 09:42 PM)
I hate to knit-pick, but is Beckham ever going to make a diving stop and cleanly throw someone out? His game today defensively left a lot to be desired.

As someone who went from SS to 3rd base in high school, that's one of the hardest parts of the transition. At SS, you get a lot more of a running start to the dive. At 3b, you end up overextending yourself a lot on the dive.