Sox fan Iphone owners

mmmmmbeeer

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
On a side note... Any Pre owners out there? What do you think of it?
I have no complaints. It's fast, it works for my E-mail accounts, the integration with Facebook and other applications is stellar... I've played with my buddy's iPhone countless times and this phone is faster and sleeker and the WebOS setup is brilliant. It loads the internet as if it were a computer too, very fast and reliable. If you have any questions, PM me.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 11:29 AM)
iPhone fanboys are hilarious. It's a brand new OS and plenty have already developed. The library will grow.

You guys get so defensive if anything isn't the great iPhone. The Pre is the s***, and has many features the iPhone doesn't, and all the features it does.

Nobody wants to develop for it because HTML 5 is a brand new revision of HTML. It's going to take some time for the Pre to get on the board and I don't think Palm and Sprint have the time for people to adjust and learn about the new code because the iPhone 3GS is basically on board with the Pre in almost every single hardware category. The Pre does have a nice OS, as it allows multi-tasking and such, but there's some problems with the Pre and the network it is on.

1. The iPhone already dominates the cell phone market. They have 51% of the cell phone share in the United States.

2. People really don't like Sprint.

3. Like I said before, the new iPhone 3GS pretty much has everything the Palm Pre has and an App Store with over 50,000 applications to attract customers. It's already like a monster that's gotten too big.

People like developing iPhone apps because they are coded in Objective C, something that a lot of people know and anybody can basically program for it.

And I wouldn't call 18 applications on the Pre App Store "plenty". If the Pre really wants to build up its App Store, do what Apple did. Charge people $100 bucks for an SDK and let them develop. It might take a while though.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 04:35 AM)
Maybe if it were unlocked, but its not. The first two generation iphones couldnt even send a MMS. The technology in the Iphone has been around for years in multiple phones, apple just did a fantastic job of marketing it for the everyday person.

The iPhone can send MMS now. But guess what? AT&T still doesn't support it...

No wonder people wanted to jailbreak and unlock their iPhones so they can get on T-Mobile...

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 04:35 AM)
Maybe if it were unlocked, but its not. The first two generation iphones couldnt even send a MMS. The technology in the Iphone has been around for years in multiple phones, apple just did a fantastic job of marketing it for the everyday person.

The technology may have been around, but if its in a s***ty package, who cares? I've used about 15 different "smart" phones and the iPhone destroys them in almost every aspect except exchange type support (which is passable anyway). Best browser, best media functions, best apps, best interface, etc....and that's all that matters really. I could give a crap if a s***ty WM/Palm/Nokia phone has a 5mp camera when the rest of the phone sucks to use.

MMS support is due to ATT s***ty's infastructure and it will be available on all the 3g models by August.