Sox fan Iphone owners

mmmmmbeeer

If you've got OS 3.0 and have updated your MLB AtBat app, starting today you will get live streams of games on your phone. Looks like they're starting with just select games (today is the first day of the service), but the Sox-Cubs game today will be streaming.

I could be reading this all wrong, but I can't think of any other way to take "streaming video with OS 3.0 starts today" including an mlb.tv link on the game page that wasn't ever listed before.

confirmed -- http://www.intomobile.com/2009/06/17/at-ba...-on-iphone.html

Edited by mmmmmbeeer

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 09:17 AM)
Yep. Looks like I will be able to stream the game on my iphone. Wow. I'm not even a subscriber to the mlb tv packages. I have a feeling that att will not be able to keep up with the demand.

Yeah man, super cheap, albeit on a smaller screen. Isn't the audio package itself, on the computer, like $15 yet the AtBat app with audio and now video is just $10. I'm anxious to see how smooth the stream will be.

I've been meaning to get this for my iPhone. How is the quality for radio broadcasts? It's wondeful the iPhone is great for so many things, unfortuanately talking is not one of them. So just so I'm on the same page, this is the 9.99 MLB app which will give you radio feed for any game, MLB at bat and certain video feeds of games? That's a helluva deal if so. I got the CBS NCAA app during March Madness and it's been my favorite app ever thus far, getting to watch live streams of tournament games from anywhere was pure bliss.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 09:45 AM)
I've been meaning to get this for my iPhone. How is the quality for radio broadcasts? It's wondeful the iPhone is great for so many things, unfortuanately talking is not one of them. So just so I'm on the same page, this is the 9.99 MLB app which will give you radio feed for any game, MLB at bat and certain video feeds of games? That's a helluva deal if so. I got the CBS NCAA app during March Madness and it's been my favorite app ever thus far, getting to watch live streams of tournament games from anywhere was pure bliss.

That's the one. The radio feed has been pretty reliable when I've used it.

QUOTE (Brupin @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 10:05 AM)
They need to add this to the Palm Pre...ASAP.

Too bad the Pre has an OS nobody wants to develop for. xD

HTML 5...lol.

I don't like the blackout restrictions, at all.

Seriously, what's the point then?

BTW, did any of you have to pay another $9.99 to update?

I already bought the app a while ago and I'm not on 3.0 yet (waiting for jailbreak). I'm on 2.2.1 and It says I have to pay $9.99 to get the new update. What's up with this?

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 10:19 AM)

HTML 5...lol.

I don't like the blackout restrictions, at all.

Seriously, what's the point then?

BTW, did any of you have to pay another $9.99 to update?

I already bought the app a while ago and I'm not on 3.0 yet (waiting for jailbreak). I'm on 2.2.1 and It says I have to pay $9.99 to get the new update. What's up with this?

The touch costs $10 to upgrade (or free if you google around a bit) iphone upgrade is free.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 01:04 PM)
The touch costs $10 to upgrade (or free if you google around a bit) iphone upgrade is free.

I'm talking about the app, not the firmware update.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 09:33 AM)
unfortunately blackout restrictions still apply, blah

I've been watching Sox, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, all cable channels on my Nokia for the past two years. No blackout restrictions with SlingMobile. Iphone fanboys are soooo far behind in the world of technology.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
I've been watching Sox, Bears, Bulls, Blackhawks, all cable channels on my Nokia for the past two years. No blackout restrictions with SlingMobile. Iphone fanboys are soooo far behind in the world of technology.

You're in Hawaii. They won't blackout Chicago games there.

They will blackout Sox games to anyone in Illinois/Indiana, though.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
Slingmobile is live Chicago Cable. So it doesnt matter where I live or am at. I've watched games in vietnam, as well as in chicago. If Chicago comcast, wgn, espn or any channel doesnt blackout the game, im getting it.

Unfortunately, mlb.tv does blackout games.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 08:04 PM)
iphone has sling

I think it will only work through wifi tho on AT&T, inorder to use it over the AT&T network you need to do some hack that can be found online...

On a side note... Any Pre owners out there? What do you think of it?

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
I think it will only work through wifi tho on AT&T, inorder to use it over the AT&T network you need to do some hack that can be found online...

On a side note... Any Pre owners out there? What do you think of it?

Due to ATT, still the best phone out there

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 10:51 PM)
Due to ATT, still the best phone out there

Maybe if it were unlocked, but its not. The first two generation iphones couldnt even send a MMS. The technology in the Iphone has been around for years in multiple phones, apple just did a fantastic job of marketing it for the everyday person.

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 04:35 AM)
Maybe if it were unlocked, but its not. The first two generation iphones couldnt even send a MMS. The technology in the Iphone has been around for years in multiple phones, apple just did a fantastic job of marketing it for the everyday person.

What model of Nokia do you have? I've been considering getting an unlocked one.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 10:19 AM)

iPhone fanboys are hilarious. It's a brand new OS and plenty have already developed. The library will grow.

You guys get so defensive if anything isn't the great iPhone. The Pre is the s***, and has many features the iPhone doesn't, and all the features it does.

Edited by Steve9347