(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 14, 2014 -> 09:49 PM)
That Rush stuff is awful even for him. Also seems like a bigger stretch than usual.

That truly was weak. Great point. I'm done with Rush Limbaugh after this. What's he thinking about talking about Robin Williams the leftist. The man just died. WTF.

Now today it's reported Williams had early stages of Parkinson. Rush is such an ass. It's like he didn't even consider the depression Robin Williams had. Moron.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/15/opinion/...top-span-region

This article makes a lot of sense...

1) Pressure from failure to perform or bring down the house every time as a comedian, where you're only judged by your last performance

2) Threat of Parkinson's diminishing his performance ability/incredible ability to riff and do spontaneous/improv comedy

3) Failure/cancellation of his CBS tv show, which was only done to get out of financial problems

4) Financial problems lead to him having to sell his $35 million mansion, along with pressure on finances from two previous divorces, the most recent one in 2008..."the first word for alimony was actually ALL THE MONEY"

5) Desire to avoid taking paycheck sequel movies like Night at the Museum 3 and Mrs. Doubtfire 2

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/15/opinion/...top-span-region

This article makes a lot of sense...

1) Pressure from failure to perform or bring down the house every time as a comedian, where you're only judged by your last performance

2) Threat of Parkinson's diminishing his performance ability/incredible ability to riff and do spontaneous/improv comedy

3) Failure/cancellation of his CBS tv show, which was only done to get out of financial problems

4) Financial problems lead to him having to sell his $35 million mansion, along with pressure on finances from two previous divorces, the most recent one in 2008..."the first word for alimony was actually ALL THE MONEY"

5) Desire to avoid taking paycheck sequel movies like Night at the Museum 3 and Mrs. Doubtfire 2

No matter how much fun your job is, you need to find meaning in your life outside of your job. I know that has to be really hard when your job is simply to be funny, but find something else: following a sports team, taking up a hobby like golf or poker, take vacations with your family. Be an active part of a church. Find something aside from your job that gives you a reason to get up in the morning.

I don't know how much financial trouble he was in. I think the media is getting worse month by month in reporting pure bulls*** and we can't figure out what is true or not.

I saw somebody say he was doing pretty damn well financially. I also saw the stuff Caufield was quoting.

But I read Williams' people emphatically denied he was anything but a very rich man.

This from TMZ. He was not in financial straits...

Robin Williams did not have money trouble and money had no connection to his depression ... although he DID complain about being taken to the cleaners "the way most divorced husbands do" ... so says a person who frequently discussed finances with the actor.

The source -- who was in regular contact with Robin -- tells us he was not cash strapped and lived "the way he wanted to," adding, "He always flew first class, took great vacations and lived in the house he loved."

As for why he was selling his Napa ranch, we're told he just didn't like going there anymore. The source says the ranch was "a thing" for Robin and his second wife, Marsha, and he just didn't enjoy going there any longer.

The source says Robin did complain over the years about "getting taken to the cleaners by his ex-wives."

Multiple sources tell us ... money had nothing to do with the depression that ultimately led to Robin's suicide.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz3AWu1VTKb

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 11:59 PM)
Don Pardo 96 SNL legend

I know Daryl Hammond had been subbing for him on SNL a few times doing his impression of Pardo during the intros.

Helluva life.

You've got to be impressed with Joan Rivers' life. The lady was working 300 days a year at age 81 and again this calendar year. She was making more money at 80 in a year than a lot of us on here will come close to making in a lifetime.

She stayed relevant til the end. I heard her Showtime special last year was pretty damn funny. She still is pretty funny at standup as an 80 year old comic.

She seemed like kind of a b****, but I'd prefer to describe her as the consummate old lady from New York set in her ways. I watched her interview of Johnny Carson's former lawyer on youtube from last year and she's a good interviewer, too.

She was a very talented lady is what I'm trying to say and her bank account proves it.

• 3 weeks later...