(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobby Keys (70) saxophonist for The Rolling Stones has died. Besides his work with the Stones he has appeared on records by Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Who, Eric Clapton, Joe Cocker, lots of great classic rock stuff.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 27, 2014 -> 12:14 AM)
Cricket player Phillip Hughes, age 25. Hit in the head playing a few days ago in Australia. Terrible.

His death was really scary as he actually didn't get hit in the head. He got hit at the top of his neck near the base of the skull. however it hit at just the right angle and pressure that it split his vertabral artery which stopped the blood supply to his brain.

We are taught a way to test the intergrity of the vertebral artery before doing cervical manipulations and I cannot see how he got hit just rightr to have this happen. This is truly the definition of an awful situation with just horrible luck.

RIP.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 10:06 PM)
His death was really scary as he actually didn't get hit in the head. He got hit at the top of his neck near the base of the skull. however it hit at just the right angle and pressure that it split his vertabral artery which stopped the blood supply to his brain.

We are taught a way to test the intergrity of the vertebral artery before doing cervical manipulations and I cannot see how he got hit just rightr to have this happen. This is truly the definition of an awful situation with just horrible luck.

RIP.

I was going to change that since I read more about it. Sounds a lot like what killed Mike Coolbaugh.

QUOTE (flavum @ Dec 2, 2014 -> 10:13 PM)
I was going to change that since I read more about it. Sounds a lot like what killed Mike Coolbaugh.

Is that what happened to him? All of the deaths that I know of were caused by getting hit in the head. This one was just so weird because of it hitting such a small space where the artery is located. I've never heard of it or seen anything written about it, other than things like whiplash injuries where the headrest is already up against it.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 2, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
Donna Douglas, played Elly May from The Beverly Hillbillies has passed away at the age of 81.

I came across her passing this afternoon and became instantly sad. I grew up watching reruns of the BHB and loved the show.

RIP Donna Douglas, thanks for the fond memories of watching the show in my youth.