(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
I don't know the guy, but what you take to get into that shape can destroy your heart.

One part of the equation is genetics. You have to "train" your heart and cardiovascular correctly for each individual person. Not everyone can train the same or even have the same goals.

edit: wasn't familiar with his bio. I just read it. The steroids may have been a more significant factor than genetics. Probably even more of a factor was the marijuana use especially the Kimbo Slice variety with the high THC count. This will pretty much guarantee a heart attack.

Edited by ptatc

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)
Probably even more of a factor was the marijuana use especially the Kimbo Slice variety with the high THC count. This will pretty much guarantee a heart attack.

What?

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 01:11 PM)
What?

Consistent marijuana use is pretty much a guaranteed ticket to a heart attack. THC does a number of these to the body. The primary effect is being powerful anti-inflammatory drug. This is why it's prescribed for things like glaucoma. However, it also slows the healing process because of this and makes injuries take much longer to heal. It also has about a 5x the effect of tobacco in causing cardiac issues.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 01:35 PM)
Consistent marijuana use is pretty much a guaranteed ticket to a heart attack. THC does a number of these to the body. The primary effect is being powerful anti-inflammatory drug. This is why it's prescribed for things like glaucoma. However, it also slows the healing process because of this and makes injuries take much longer to heal. It also has about a 5x the effect of tobacco in causing cardiac issues.

This is great information. I don't think many people believe there are ANY negative side effects to weed.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 02:06 PM)
This is great information. I don't think many people believe there are ANY negative side effects to weed.

There are side effects they just aren't the ones that are immediate like the "take one hit and it will kill you." This is my problem with making it legal. I really don't care what people want to do to themselves but if it increases the use, it will put a bigger drain on the healthcare system which is already messed up.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
There are side effects they just aren't the ones that are immediate like the "take one hit and it will kill you." This is my problem with making it legal. I really don't care what people want to do to themselves but if it increases the use, it will put a bigger drain on the healthcare system which is already messed up.

You make a lot of sense. The public perception of pot right now is that its all good. This will bite us all in the ass later on for sure.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 03:29 PM)
Actress Theresa Saldana, 61.

RIP. I remember that horrible attack on her in the early 80's. It was a miracle she survived that.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 01:35 PM)

I've heard this before, but not any indication on what's considered "consistent." As in, number of times per week, over how long of a time period? And is it only current use, or cumulative effect of a lifetime?

Also, I thought one of the issues with marijuana being schedule I was that we couldn't do a lot of studies on it? Or does this information come from outside the US?

Anyone who thinks there aren't negative side effects to weed is either an idiot or ignorant. But being able to research the actual effects is important.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)
I've heard this before, but not any indication on what's considered "consistent." As in, number of times per week, over how long of a time period? And is it only current use, or cumulative effect of a lifetime?

Also, I thought one of the issues with marijuana being schedule I was that we couldn't do a lot of studies on it? Or does this information come from outside the US?

Anyone who thinks there aren't negative side effects to weed is either an idiot or ignorant. But being able to research the actual effects is important.

The research studies are mostly done with the THC as a chemical. There is also clinical evidence such as studies on people who die young from heart attacks. An athlete example was Darryl Kile from the Cardinals who died during his playing career from a heart attack.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)
The research studies are mostly done with the THC as a chemical. There is also clinical evidence such as studies on people who die young from heart attacks. An athlete example was Darryl Kile from the Cardinals who died during his playing career from a heart attack.

Marijuana had nothing to do with Kile's death.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 11:50 AM)
But didn't his family also have a history of heart attacks at early ages?

Yes, that was a contributing factor as why it was so early as well. His was so young that there were alot of risk factors that contributed.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)
Well, according to the coroner it did not. You have an agenda against pot.

I don't have an agenda. Just want to educate.

Edit: Let me re-phrase that. I have an agenda is to educate about the health issues. People can do what they want to but they also need to understand there are some health issues. It's like tobacco on PEDS. It's not a direct killer.

As far as the coroner is concerned there have been many studies since the time. I think he would change his mind at this point, like many others thought at that time.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)
I don't have an agenda. Just want to educate.

Edit: Let me re-phrase that. I have an agenda is to educate about the health issues. People can do what they want to but they also need to understand there are some health issues. It's like tobacco on PEDS. It's not a direct killer.

As far as the coroner is concerned there have been many studies since the time. I think he would change his mind at this point, like many others thought at that time.

You've said in the past, "If you smoke pot, you will get cancer." You know that is not true. I'm all for education, but please use facts & accurate info.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 12:18 PM)
You've said in the past, "If you smoke pot, you will get cancer." You know that is not true. I'm all for education, but please use facts & accurate info.

I've never said cancer, I've said you will have a heart attack and is true. It's like saying if you smoke tobacco you will get lung cancer. Is it 100%, no but It is most likely to happen. Same with pot and coronary heart disease leading to a heart attack.

QUOTE (MEANS @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
I can't take you seriously when you keep spelling this word like this.

I understand. I've never been good with the written word. I have to give my research articles to many different people before I can submit them.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
I've never said cancer, I've said you will have a heart attack and is true. It's like saying if you smoke tobacco you will get lung cancer. Is it 100%, no but It is most likely to happen. Same with pot and coronary heart disease leading to a heart attack.

OK, sorry for misquoting you. My short term memory may be off for some reason. :)

Watched most of the Ali funeral today.

Pretty damn good stuff. I know from the past that Soxtalk is very anti religion with most people not believing there is a God. I will tell you one thing there are a lot of intelligent people on TV today at the Ali funeral who do believe in God. I mean Ali was a very smart person and his whole existence was for God. Same with his whole family, all those dignitaries who were speaking and talking about God. President Bill Clinton.

If there is no God there sure are a lot of smart people who have been fooled.

Edited by greg775