(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 08:43 AM)
I thought he was dead already. Who will be the third famous person?

It will probably be another surprise. Giraldo was a shame, Curtis was getting up there, the next one will probably be a big surprise to us

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 30, 2010 -> 08:46 AM)
It will probably be another surprise. Giraldo was a shame, Curtis was getting up there, the next one will probably be a big surprise to us

Giraldo was probably the surprise. The next one will likely be someone who is old and won't surprise anyone when they go, but probably a bigger name than the other two.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 09:52 AM)
The Comedy Central Roasts are going to suck now. He is one of the few that were actually GOOD and consistently funny from year to year.

The roasts have sucked since they dropped the Friars Club people from doing the roasting.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)
The roasts have sucked since they dropped the Friars Club people from doing the roasting.

They suck because there's only a few good roasters. Thyy tend to bring out non-comedic celebrities and have them read, rather badly I might add, from a teleprompter.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)
They suck because there's only a few good roasters. Thyy tend to bring out non-comedic celebrities and have them read, rather badly I might add, from a teleprompter.

That's not entirely true. Some of the celebrities actually do pretty well, although they are definitely in the minority. Giraldo and Lampanelli were the only regulars that were always funny. Ross was on and off.

Edited by Milkman delivers

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
That's not entirely true. Some of the celebrities actually do pretty well, although they are definitely in the minority. Giraldo and Lampanelli were the only regulars that were always funny. Ross was on and off.

Ross and Giraldo are my favorite. Lampanelli is ok, but she kind of annoys me.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 10:29 AM)

Exactly. They got rid of the people who knew what they were doing for people can be funny in other places, but don't click in this particular format. Its like asking an Opera singer to do a rap.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
I'm actually really looking forward to the next roast, because I could see them tearing into Greg Giraldo, and he would have loved that.

Agreed, like his Gary Coleman joke from the Hoff roast.

My biggest problem with the roasts now are that they just pick the easiest people to roast. They used to pick some of the biggest stars, and were forced to be creative about the jokes. Jokes about people like Bob Saget, Flavor Flav, and David Hasselhoff are basically written before the comedians even have to think about them.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
I'm actually really looking forward to the next roast, because I could see them tearing into Greg Giraldo, and he would have loved that.

That was actually one of the first thoughts I had after hearing about this.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Oct 1, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
My biggest problem with the roasts now are that they just pick the easiest people to roast. They used to pick some of the biggest stars, and were forced to be creative about the jokes. Jokes about people like Bob Saget, Flavor Flav, and David Hasselhoff are basically written before the comedians even have to think about them.

Well, you're not going to get a really big celebrity to be roasted on Comedy Central.