(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

I pulled up his IMDB and I was actually surprised to see how little he actually acted on camera and most of those rolls were minor.

I've always thought of him first as a writer/director. Ghostbusters was a funny movie, but you don't make that (Insert Celeb Here) is Dead thread based just on that role.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 11:19 AM)
Harold Ramis, writer/director/actor, 69.

Going to have to watch Caddyshack tonight in his honor.

Great screen writer. Many laughs.

"Not practicing but willing to learn"

RIP

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 24, 2014 -> 12:06 PM)
I've always thought of him first as a writer/director. Ghostbusters was a funny movie, but you don't make that (Insert Celeb Here) is Dead thread based just on that role.

Stripes was a much better role. He deserves celebrity based on that and SCTV work alone.

I really think Harold Ramis is severely underappreciated by the general public as a great percentage of people pay no mind to who writes and directs comedies. I mean look at his filmography.

Writer/Director

Caddyshack

Groundhog Day

Analyze This/That

Director

Vacation

Writer

Animal House

Meatballs

Stripes

Ghostbusters/ II

Back to School

Many of these are considered amongst the greatest comedies of all time. He really is amongst the greatest comedic minds to ever live.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Feb 25, 2014 -> 06:48 AM)
I really think Harold Ramis is severely underappreciated by the general public as a great percentage of people pay no mind to who writes and directs comedies. I mean look at his filmography.

Writer/Director

Caddyshack

Groundhog Day

Analyze This/That

Director

Vacation

Writer

Animal House

Meatballs

Stripes

Ghostbusters/ II

Back to School

Many of these are considered amongst the greatest comedies of all time. He really is amongst the greatest comedic minds to ever live.

Yeah, I don't know that you get much better than that in the comedy world. He belongs on the Comedy Mt Rushmore with guys like Mel Brooks and George Carlin.

Probably not a celebrity to most but Dr. Frank Jobe died at 88. He is the person responsible for most of the current ideas in rehabbing pitchers. He invented the "Tommy John" surgery as well as the "throwers Ten exercises that all pitchers still use parts of today.

He is an innovator that will be missed.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 01:37 PM)
Absolutely no one should go to his funeral. Let him go to hell in absolute silence.

That is also preferable. I just think it would be nice if any nice things said about him by his family could be completely drowned out by the motorcycles that drowned out his hate at Soldier funerals

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 01:26 PM)
Kurt Cobain death investigation reopened.

The news from Seattle came online and spread quickly on Thursday: Seattle police were going to reopen the investigation into musician Kurt Cobain’s death! One small thing: It’s not actually true.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-na...rt-cobain-case/

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 05:11 PM)
It is not worth pissing on.

Correct, that means you made an effort ans cared about him and the opinions. Now if I was visiting someone else's grave and happened upon it, that is a different story.