(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was out of town and missed the obit but someone that should have been more famous John Raders of McAllen, Texas passed last December. He was the most amazing ambassador for golf as THE golf coach in the area for 25 years. He was a walking lesson in being a gentleman. His students and players loved him.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)
Rockford Files! Does that bring back memories. Always liked James Gardner. R.I.P. James and thanks for the memories and that theme song.

Actress Skye McCole Bartusiak, who played Mel Gibson's youngest daughter in "The Patriot," died Saturday at her home in Houston, her mother said. She was 21.

While investigators have not determined a cause of death, Bartusiak has been suffering from epileptic seizures in recent days, according to her mother.

Follow complete coverage of breaking news on CNN.com, CNN TV and CNN Mobile.

Sad day. Sad week. I'm probably the biggest Rockford Files fan here - one of the great characters in TV history, all Garner. His exchanges with Police Lts. Chapman and Diehl were pure gold.

Also loved JohnnyW - before his health deteriorated, he was lightning. Think I'll cue up his version of Highway 61 during my run this afternoon.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 11:37 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=3022471:date=Jul 20, 2014 -> 10:49 AM:name=StRoostifer)-->
QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Jul 20, 2014 -> 10:49 AM)
<!--quotec-->Rockford Files! Does that bring back memories. Always liked James Gardner. R.I.P. James and thanks for the memories and that theme song.

Thank you for posting that Tex. Its been years since I've heard that. :cheers

• 3 weeks later...