(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 09:13 AM)
James Best. aka Roscoe P Coltrane from Dukes of Hazzard

It's crazy that "The Dukes of Hazzard" debuted in 1979. I remember being super excited to watch it. I remember going to my best friend's house to watch it. I remember being in love with Catherine Bach.

I was seven.

Sometimes I think about just how much I remember from my childhood, and I think part of the reason is that having fewer options for entertainment created a more communal feel to things like TV, movies, and music because we were all consuming the same stuff.

Anyway, RIP Rosco. Take a seat at the bar of the big Boar's Nest in the sky.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 11:20 PM)
It's crazy that "The Dukes of Hazzard" debuted in 1979. I remember being super excited to watch it. I remember going to my best friend's house to watch it. I remember being in love with Catherine Bach.

I was seven.

Sometimes I think about just how much I remember from my childhood, and I think part of the reason is that having fewer options for entertainment created a more communal feel to things like TV, movies, and music because we were all consuming the same stuff.

The Boss and Uncle Jesse are already at their table.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ Apr 7, 2015 -> 10:20 PM)

I was seven.

Dukes was my first favorite TV show.

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
This really really saddens me. I love him on the radio with the Bears post game. Really gonna miss his personality.

Bears losses weren't so difficult to take listening to him and OB go nuts. From what I have been told, Buffone was a really nice guy.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 20, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
Bears losses weren't so difficult to take listening to him and OB go nuts. From what I have been told, Buffone was a really nice guy.

I met him years ago when I worked in an Emergency room. He brought his son in and he was very gracious even under conditions like that.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 10:48 PM)
Verne Gagne 89 one of the top wrestlers/promoters in wrestling history.

Yeah, so many of the wrestlers and announcers from WWF's 80's peak started out with Verne in AWA, they use to have huge shows at Comiskey back in the day.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 1, 2015 -> 10:22 AM)
Ben E. King (76) died. He sang "Stand By Me" as well as many other hits both with The Drifters and on his own.

Not to be confused with BB King as one radio announcer did here.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 6, 2015 -> 12:22 PM)
Not to be confused with BB King as one radio announcer did here.

Yeah, I saw on Facebook where someone erroneously posted that BB King died and then they posted a picture and the picture wasn't even right. The picture was actually Albert King. LOL, that was all messed up.