(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead

knightni

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 24, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)
George Michael of "The SPorts Machine" passed away. I used to stay up past my bedtime to watch him on Sundays when I was a kid.

Back in the 80s I'd stay up to watch him, hoping I'd catch some Raiders highlights since we didn't have cable.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 15, 2009 -> 09:17 PM)
We always paid the person with the most points. 100 less the age of the celebrity. And typically it was 50-30-20 split. So the payout was always the same no matter how many celebrities dies. We also limited your list to 20.

It's a new year, is there any interest by anyone?

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 3, 2010 -> 05:34 PM)
It's a new year, is there any interest by anyone?

QUOTE (Tex @ Jan 4, 2010 -> 11:02 AM)
I'm in

So, are we going to do this or what? My list is ready and I'd hate to have some of these geezers kick it before the game commenced.

My strategy is not going to be for the drug overdose longshots this year, and instead I'll try to stay the course with the oldsters who have somehow managed to give the Grim Reaper th slip for far too long.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 08:09 AM)
I've had minimal interest and a decent amount of revulsion.

:lolhitting

Yeah, some people consider there to be a morbid side to it. I prefer to see it as a celebration on a fundamental facet of the human condition — our ability to ponder our own mortality. . . and then to make ourselves feel better because we're fairly certain we'll outlive the people on our list. :)

For the record, you can emphasize to would-be players that it is poor form to do anything to actually hasten the demise of anyone on your list.

I'm not sure whether this will happen or not.

Alas, the 2010 Soxtalk Dead Pool appears itself to be dead.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 09:23 AM)
Well, if we're not playing this year, then Abe Vigoda can live another 1,000 years for all I care.

And he can marry Betty White along the way . . .

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 05:31 PM)

RW Jr.'s side of the J&J family always seemed a bit more stable than Seward's (a couple tragedies in the 70s notwithstanding), but go figure with Casey. RW never willed his fortune away to his housekeeper in his last days like Seward did though, so she stood to inherit some major money.

If you ever want to get an inside look at the dysfunctional young and privileged, the film Born Rich by Jamie Johnson, (Casey's cousin on Seward's side). It really makes you wonder if having all the money in the world and no responsibilities is a blessing or a curse.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

I just found out that Bettie Page passed away a year ago :( Looking at her pictures when I was a teenager always brought a (ahem) smile to my face.

Probably the most sexiest woman ever, RIP

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jan 10, 2010 -> 07:43 AM)
I just found out that Bettie Page passed away a year ago :( Looking at her pictures when I was a teenager always brought a (ahem) smile to my face.

Probably the most sexiest woman ever, RIP

That would actually be a fun thread — History's most beautiful women. I have many of my own favorites from early Hollywood and pin-up days.

Olive Thomas is one of those beautiful, tragic starlets of young Hollywood. Married to a Pickford, had it all, and dead at 25 from a suspicious accidental poisoning.

43003913_13_novuyy_razmer.jpg

MidnightFrolic.jpg