7/4 Game Thread Sox @ Kansas City 12:10pm CSN

knightni

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)
What may have been an interesting ninth is now pointless.

Because two runs (three to win) to tie have never been scored in the history on baseball in the ninth inning.

QUOTE (elmo9246 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:43 PM)
I think it's just the fact that he looks like he has his head in his a** out there. Sometimes he just gets caught not paying attention, way too often for a major league shortstop.

I think Ozzie made Alexei feel way too damn good about himself when he said that he was going to be a better SS than Ozzie Guillen.

Now he's just not giving a s*** out there it seems.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
I think Ozzie gave Alexei to feel way too damn good about himself when he said that he was going to be a better SS than Ozzie Guillen.

Now he's just not giving a s*** out there it seems.

He hasn't exactly been gentle to him since he has lost his mind out there...

QUOTE (qwerty @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
Because two runs (three to win) to tie have never been scored in the history on baseball in the ninth inning.

It's hard against Soria.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)

And it still hasn't worked. Alexei is still dreaming about grand slams out there.

You know this kinda gut wrenching loss if it turns out to be that way is the ugliest way to drain a team and deflate the sails real quick. I really hate to say it but with the character we saw in the first 2 months Ozzie has gotta be real careful now with the guys. We just flat out beat ourselves today. Floyd pitched ok but after about the 4th inning he seemed listless and ran out of gas. The defense made a couple of good plays but yeah back to the main point Alexei is killin us with that lame half hearted effort on D. Best thing to day was Slayer´s continued growth with the bat. He may crack .300 real soon (Even on the next homestand). Hope we bounce back tomorrow, real ugly game today.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)

Ozzie's not going to be gentle with anyone that he knows isn't going to put forth his full effort. That might be the number one thing i respect about Ozzie.

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 02:49 PM)
You know this kinda gut wrenching loss if it turns out to be that way is the ugliest way to drain a team and deflate the sails real quick. I really hate to say it but with the character we saw in the first 2 months Ozzie has gotta be real careful now with the guys. We just flat out beat ourselves today. Floyd pitched ok but after about the 4th inning he seemed listless and ran out of gas. The defense made a couple of good plays but yeah back to the main point Alexei is killin us with that lame half hearted effort on D. Best thing to day was Slayer´s continued growth with the bat. He may crack .300 real soon (Even on the next homestand). Hope we bounce back tomorrow, real ugly game today.

Team looked entitled (fat-headed) for a bunch of the game -- on the bases, Alexi, Gavin.

Just bounce back tomorrow.

Oh, and Ozzie, too, for putting Thome on the bench. Cuz that was dumb.

Edited by Friend of Nordhagen

That´s GAME, F****, F****, and triple F**********************************************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I cant stand these losses where we give it away.

Edited by chisoxfan09

Just got home and read the game thread. Our double play combo has been a disgrace all season. Between that and our base running, Jeff Cox has taken over Greg Walker as the worst coach on our staff. Also, why do we keep playing Castro against RHP? Ozzie sure seemed to go with a Sunday lineup here.

Down one in the late innngs can be overcome, but when your relief corps gives upo the homer in the last of the 8th it kind of deflates you. Bullpen allowed 3 runs to score. Oh well I guess we start over tomorrow.