White Sox thoughts

DC23MVP

The White Sox are in an interesting scenario here. They are currently only 2.5 games out of 1st place right now, in an pretty weak division. They currently rank 16th in runs scored, 16th in team .BA, 16th in OBP, and for the pitching side they rank 7th in Team ERA.

My question to you guys. How do you think the White Sox will fear the rest of the season, and what do they need to work on to win the division.

Also, who are your team MVP's and duds so far this season?

MVP: Pods. Runner up: Dye

ROY: Beckham. Runner up: Getz (I guess)

CY: Buehrle. Runner up: Thornton

DUD: Fields. Runner up: Ramirez (only defensively)

I think we'll make a run at the division title, maybe a pennant if Pods stays healthy. I'd love to get in. I'll take my chances with our team + Quentin + a top 3 of Buehrle/Danks/Floyd. No team wants to face us with that.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

My question to you guys. How do you think the White Sox will fear the rest of the season, and what do they need to work on to win the division.

Also, who are your team MVP's and duds so far this season?

Seven in a row was a nice win streak and proves we can get hot. So I'd think we'd stay in the race. I do not think we'll win the division and no way we are going to get the wild card. It's a bit disappointing (I know greedy) to not keep the Royals down when they were down and win the game with Floyd on the mound to win that series 3-1 instead of a split. I am not a believer; think we'll finish 7-8 out with Minnie winning it over Detroit. We do have some stars on this .500ish team, though, no doubt about it.

MVP: Dye, Buehrle (the veterans have done well this year, AJ, Pods, Paulie, Jimmy for the most part)

Dud: Lilly was the worst. A current dud? CQ cause of his health woes mostly and that long slump after the early stretch of home runs.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 01:36 AM)
MVP: Pods. Runner up: Dye

ROY: Beckham. Runner up: Getz (I guess)

CY: Buehrle. Runner up: Thornton

DUD: Fields. Runner up: Ramirez (only defensively)

I think we'll make a run at the division title, maybe a pennant if Pods stays healthy. I'd love to get in. I'll take my chances with our team + Quentin + a top 3 of Buehrle/Danks/Floyd. No team wants to face us with that.

I think we need one of Richard/Colon/Poreda to step up as a 5th starter to compete for the rest of the year. Having so many games left in Minnesota scares me too. I believe we'll compete and still be there in September, but we will need to catch a lot of breaks (5th starter coming through, Pods staying healthy, CQ comes back strong, defense picks it up). But, if we get in anything can happen. And as you said with MB/Danks/Gavin going for us 1-2-3 if they get hot we can keep on winning.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)
I'd be interested in some White Sox thoughts by Jack Handey.

Some folks said it was a miracle: Saint Francis suddenly appeared in the White Sox on-deck circle, strode to the plate, and hit the first pitch he saw for a walk-off, three-run homer. But I think it was just a lucky swing.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 10:24 AM)
I'd be interested in some White Sox thoughts by Jack Handey.

Just an FYI. My brother was telling me that GB is a big fan of Jack Handey and there are apparently some videos of him doing his own "Deep Thoughts" on You Tube. I am at work and cannot access it from here.