Colon

Cali

From CS.com

Colon watch

San Francisco is among the teams that have been scouting right-hander Bartolo Colon, who will start Tuesday against Cleveland.

The National League West-leading Giants are in the hunt for a starting pitcher with the July 31 trading deadline approaching.

Last year the Sox traded center fielder Kenny Lofton to San Francisco on July 28 for minor-league pitchers Felix Diaz and Ryan Meaux.

Colon has not won since June 7, and his ERA jumped to 4.36 after he gave up five runs to the Tigers on Friday after a 3-hour-6-minute rain delay. But if the Sox determine they're out of playoff contention next week and make him available, Colon will be coveted.

While I don't think Colon will be traded, any trade of him to SF would have to include Williams or Foppert, and I wouldn't mind having either of those studs in the black and silver.

From CS.com

Colon watch

San Francisco is among the teams that have been scouting right-hander Bartolo Colon, who will start Tuesday against Cleveland.

The National League West-leading Giants are in the hunt for a starting pitcher with the July 31 trading deadline approaching.

Last year the Sox traded center fielder Kenny Lofton to San Francisco on July 28 for minor-league pitchers Felix Diaz and Ryan Meaux.

Colon has not won since June 7, and his ERA jumped to 4.36 after he gave up five runs to the Tigers on Friday after a 3-hour-6-minute rain delay. But if the Sox determine they're out of playoff contention next week and make him available, Colon will be coveted.

While I don't think Colon will be traded, any trade of him to SF would have to include Williams or Foppert, and I wouldn't mind having either of those studs in the black and silver.

I bet if we traded him the deal as you said would involve one of those pitchers but also Pedro Feliz. He is a 3rd baseman, possibly allowing us to trade Crede to the O's for Ponson.

From CS.com

Colon watch

I bet if we traded him the deal as you said would involve one of those pitchers but also Pedro Feliz. He is a 3rd baseman, possibly allowing us to trade Crede to the O's for Ponson.

Umm if we trade Colon away, we are not going to bring another another front line veteran. If Colon goes, this ship is being dismantled and put into dry dock until at least 2004.

From CS.com

Colon watch

Umm if we trade Colon away, we are not going to bring another another front line veteran. If Colon goes, this ship is being dismantled and put into dry dock until at least 2004.

I don't consider Feliz a veteran. Yes he has been in the majors for 3-4 years but he hasn't played much at all, until this year.

From CS.com

Colon watch

I don't consider Feliz a veteran. Yes he has been in the majors for 3-4 years but he hasn't played much at all, until this year.

I was talking about Ponson.

From CS.com

Colon watch

I was talking about Ponson.

Well then that would make since.

I honestly believe that Colon is a guy that we want on our staff if we make it to the playoffs. The guy can be, has been, and will continue to be a gamer. He's obviously not bringing his best stuff to the table as of late but I don't think he's smelling the competition like he needs to. I think it would be a huge mistake to drop him while we're still in the hunt. Granted, a guy like Ponson or Lidle may do us more good while on the path to winning the division, but come playoff time I'd take Colon over either of them.

I'd do Colon for Foppert straight up, but I hardly think San Fran is that stupid...

I would demand Ainsworth and Foppert. I guarantee they'd do it to. Throw in a reliever like Wunsch if they ask for more. I know they'd do it if you gave up Gordon (They could use a closer).

If the Sox were to blow things up, I could guarantee the Sox could rebuild their rotation with Ainsworth, Foppert, and Boffner for Gordon and Colon.

Giants would become front runners to win it all (IMO) and Sox would get guys that could help them this year and then in many years to come.

Not saying they should blow things up, Sox have till the 27th for me to lay my verdict on that :lol:

They may be winning now, but I've had confidence in them in the past when they get on a hot streak. They need to clobber the Jays and the Mariners and such. Actually they just need to start clobbering everyone :headbang

I would demand Ainsworth and Foppert.  I guarantee they'd do it to.  Throw in a reliever like Wunsch if they ask for more.  I know they'd do it if you gave up Gordon (They could use a closer).

I would rather get Williams and Boffer than Foppert and Ainsworth. Williams has proved himslef in the majors this year pitching very well for the the Giants, while Foppert has talent he hasn't done much in the majors. And Ainsworth seems to be always hurt.

I have mixed emotions.

If we trade Colon, that seems stupid after acquiring 2 veterans who are supposed to help us win the division.

We trade Colon for prospects and what the hell are we saying here??

I think we should ride it out with Colon all season then if we don't win it, trade him in the winter when somebody else is gonna be all excited about acquiring Colon for 4 prospects.

I have mixed emotions.

If we trade Colon, that seems stupid after acquiring 2 veterans who are supposed to help us win the division.

We trade Colon for prospects and what the hell are we saying here??

I think we should ride it out with Colon all season then if we don't win it, trade him in the winter when somebody else is gonna be all excited about acquiring Colon for 4 prospects.

Its not going to happen now that we are 5 games back and .500.