7/9 Game Thread Sox vs. Cleveland 1:05pm CDT CSN

knightni

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 11:13 AM)
Could Nix have caught Cabrera's double? I fully anticipate this being Richard's last start for a few months.

It should have been his last start weeks ago...

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
Nix is a premier defensive middle infielder, that man should never play LF ever.

He's in there for his bat right now. Getz can't play LF.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 02:14 PM)
He's in there for his bat right now. Getz can't play LF.

Getz can play the OF, at least he has in the minors, frankly, i'd rather give Fields a chance out their again, it doesn't pay too be too concerned with having decent defense in LF, if you're going to sacrifice it in more important areas.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (TitoMB345 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
24 pitches through 1 out for CR. Can AP pitch again today after pitching 1.2 on Tuesday?

We'll be fine with bullpen arms today. The goal is to limit Cleveland's runs right now.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 06:16 PM)
Getz can play the OF, at least he has in the minors, frankly, i'd rather give Fields a chance out their again, it doesn't pay too me too concerned with having decent defense in LF, if you're going to sacrifice it in more important areas.

Nix has been fine in the outfield so far this year coming into the game. As we've talked about, a decision about CQ has to be made soon. If they shut him down, then they have to find another outfielder.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
Nix has been fine in the outfield so far this year coming into the game.

I agree 100% here, Fathom. I just think we shoudln't be so willing to play him in LF, when he's clearly a superior middle infielder.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 01:16 PM)
Getz can play the OF, at least he has in the minors, frankly, i'd rather give Fields a chance out their again, it doesn't pay too me too concerned with having decent defense in LF, if you're going to sacrifice it in more important areas.

I guess...

Fields wasn't absolutely atrocious when he played there in 07.

Nix has played two games in LF thus far and he's been an above average fielder with a UZR of 0.8. He's almost saved a run in only two games.