Colon

WSoxMatt

5th starter= Colon until he loses it. IMO, his ERA would have to be over 4.50 to lose it. I would be fine with it.

Poreda is pretty nice coming out the Pen, for now.

What ever happens, it is nice to know that we don't have to plug in the 5th spot with Arnie Munoz or Felix Diaz.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 02:03 AM)
You said it.

Some of my favorites, off the top of my head:

Danny Wright (actually Jason Bere Lite before the injuries, won 14 games with a bloated ERA)

Josh Stewart

Mike Porzio

Felix Diaz

Jon Adkins

Nick Masset

Gary Glover (blast from past)

Rocky Biddle (surprised he became closer for the Expos and was sort of decent one year)

Sean Tracey

Arnie Munoz

Matt Ginter

Jon Rauch

Scott Eyre (not sure if he ever started or not for us...maybe he came out of the pen?)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 03:14 AM)

Danny Wright (actually Jason Bere Lite before the injuries, won 14 games with a bloated ERA)

Josh Stewart

Mike Porzio

Felix Diaz

Jon Adkins

Nick Masset

Rocky Biddle (surprised he became closer for the Expos and was sort of decent one year)

Sean Tracey

Arnie Munoz

Matt Ginter

Jon Rauch

Scott Eyre (not sure if he ever started or not for us...maybe he came out of the pen?)

I was just going to say what about Danny Wright?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 04:14 AM)

Josh Stewart

Mike Porzio

Felix Diaz

Jon Adkins

Nick Masset

Sean Tracey

Arnie Munoz

Matt Ginter

Jon Rauch

I remember going to a game with my dad, it was against the A's. I can't remember what year, but Scott Eyre had a spot-start. He threw like, 5 perfect innings to start the game. We were really excited.

I think he ended up giving up about 5 runs by the end of the game, but it was still cool to see a no-namer (at the time) be perfect for that long.

Edited by kageman129

QUOTE (rangercal @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 02:52 AM)
5th starter= Colon until he loses it. IMO, his ERA would have to be over 4.50 to lose it. I would be fine with it.

Poreda is pretty nice coming out the Pen, for now.

What ever happens, it is nice to know that we don't have to plug in the 5th spot with Arnie Munoz or Felix Diaz.

:notworthy

That year was f***ing brutal.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 04:14 AM)

Josh Stewart

Mike Porzio

Felix Diaz

Jon Adkins

Nick Masset

Sean Tracey

Arnie Munoz

Matt Ginter

Jon Rauch

No one can compile lists of ex-Sox like you, NO ONE! Especially 1990's-early 2000's ex-Sox. Well, at least not at your frequency of compilation.

They said he'd have to mix in his breaking ball to get back to the starting rotation. By all accounts, he was almost exclusively using his fastball during this Charlotte start. His ERA this year is deceptive. I give the guy credit for battling and hitting his spots with his fastball, but I don't think he has much left.

Do you think Poreda is going to develop a pitch between now and next year? Seems doubtful. Let's see how his stuff works in a starter's role now. Whee.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 03:14 AM)

Josh Stewart

Mike Porzio

Felix Diaz

Jon Adkins

Nick Masset

Sean Tracey

Arnie Munoz

Matt Ginter

Jon Rauch

One year I went to 3 Sox games. Danny Wright pitched 2 of them and Josh Stewart pitched the other. All 3 were blow-out loses. I also seen Adkins, Munoz and Tracey pitch for the Knights and all 3 were loses :lol:

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:56 AM)
Caulfield...you have dropped a couple of notches...

Sean Lowe...? No love for my boy Sean Lowe...???

2001: 11 Starts 9-4 3.61 ERA?

I'm very disappointed in you.....

I thought Lowe was a prick...for some reason, I never liked that guy. Rick White was another guy who drove me nuts.

Actually, though, Lowe was one of those guys who seamlessly drifted back and forth, didn't complain...kept getting bumped because KW thought he had pitchers who would turn out better over the long-term but he was the definition of a "battler" (like Greg Hibbard) out there.

Being a Sox fan from 1978 until the Thomas/Sosa/Ventura/McDowell/Bere/Fernandez/Alvarez talent infusion was a very LONELY place.

Looking back, Calderon and Melido Perez, along with One-Dog, those were my 3 favorite players from that time span. Although I have to admit I was VERY excited when Sosa first came up about his ability to be the next Roberto Clemente (my all-time favorite).

I know I am getting old (39 now) when I start to sound like "colsat46" at the older chisox.com reminiscing about 80's and 90's Sox players!!! Those guys loved to talk about Fox and Aparicio almost on a daily basis, just like my uncle when I was growing up.

My strongest memory of Rick White was that he had a horrible spring training and there was a newspaper article written about how funny it was that he did so poorly. After all, he was a veteran with a long and decent track record. He joked about how his brother-in-law was giving him a hard time. Of course, he wasn't any better when the season started.