SOX v. Minnesota 7/10/09 - 7:10 CSN

MHizzle85

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
I'm always excited to face Nick Punto. He is batting .218 this year, which means he will go 8-12 this series.

Don't forget Carlos Gomes, who completely sucks against every other team.

God, I dread these series because Hawk will blabber on about how awesome they are... I was so proud of him when last year he said their idea of keeping the same scouting ideas wouldn't work in the outdoor park next year, then this year he did a complete 180 and said it was a great idea

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 11:18 AM)
Don't forget Carlos Gomes, who completely sucks against every other team.

God, I dread these series because Hawk will blabber on about how awesome they are... I was so proud of him when last year he said their idea of keeping the same scouting ideas wouldn't work in the outdoor park next year, then this year he did a complete 180 and said it was a great idea

Carlos Gomez has a .250 OPS against us this year so hopefully that was just a one year thing.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 11:28 AM)
Carlos Gomez has a .250 OPS against us this year so hopefully that was just a one year thing.

You can throw out every stat there is when the Sox are playing a team. Gomez and Punto will do more damage than Moreanau and Mauer in this series. I am not drunk or joking I seriously believe this.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 12:33 PM)
You can throw out every stat there is when the Sox are playing a team. Gomez and Punto will do more damage than Moreanau and Mauer in this series. I am not drunk or joking I seriously believe this.

I agree with you

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 12:33 PM)

If that happens...we probably win 2 out of 3.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 12:06 PM)
3rd to last series ever in that s*** hole

Twinkieball countdown counter is at 9 games, and decreases by one tonight and by three at the end of the weekend, thankfully.

Next year on grass the slap-hitting Twins will be no better than the slap-hitting Royals.

As for this year, I think Ozzie will play the young speedsters (and old speedster Pods) in the Twinkiedome, and we'll do better than 1-9.

This is a huge game. Last memories of the dome are awful when the Sox got swept there. John has been good versus the Twins the last couple times out, but before that they hit him well. I am really excited to see how our new lineup plays in the Dome. I think we can match the Twins offensively there because we have the mashers, but also Twins-type hitters. 2/3 is all I ask.