SOX v. Minnesota 7/10/09 - 7:10 CSN

MHizzle85

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)
I think you're right. But it also might be a bad sign for Brian Anderson.

Brian Anderson's hitting over the last 1.5 months is the only bad sign Brian Anderson should care about.

I guess they want Pods to get reps in center. I don't like the idea of him being in center, but if it means that Q is coming back, so be it.

Blackburn's usually pretty good against us. Let's see what happens tonight.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
Brian Anderson's hitting over the last 1.5 months is the only bad sign Brian Anderson should care about.

I don't disagree. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think we have to keep Wise over Anderson. We still need a lefty off the bench and he's essentially the only option when Getz is starting at 2B. I think it's very likely we'll see Brian get sent down when Quentin gets called up and possibly even sooner if they decide to go with Colon as the 6th starter.

A lot of discussion on Chicago Tribune Live about trading for Holliday. Rogers from the Trib said Blue Jays want a SS, so give them Alexei, Poreda and two throw ins. He mentioned they might like Floyd too. HE said he wouldn't do it.

He also said that Bobby Jenks most likely won't be on this time come next season. He likes Link and Nunez at closer. Take it FWIW.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 06:04 PM)
A lot of discussion on Chicago Tribune Live about trading for Holliday. Rogers from the Trib said Blue Jays want a SS, so give them Alexei, Poreda and two throw ins. He mentioned they might like Floyd too. HE said he wouldn't do it.

He also said that Bobby Jenks most likely won't be on this time come next season. He likes Link and Nunez at closer. Take it FWIW.

Gotta imagine guys like Thornton and Peña would be options first.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 05:15 PM)
Gotta imagine guys like Thornton and Peña would be options first.

No way do I see us giving away Alexie for anyone really unless the deal is just unbelievable. Yes, his D has been poor at times this year at SS but to have a guy who can put up these kind of numbers for $1M a year is a huge $ saver, and it provides you with some flexibility to sign other players at other spots while staying within the $ number given by management.

Whatever happens, we should start off the series pleased to take one out of three and get out of Dodge ahead of the Twins at the ASB.

Until the players start to expect to win there, it's hard to get upset as a fan when they don't even believe they can win in that place.