SOX v. Minnesota 7/10/09 - 7:10 CSN

MHizzle85

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:51 PM)
although i would agree that ozzie should have called the ibb, but shouldnt there be blame put on aj for calling a fastball right down the middle on a 2-0 count??(maybe it was discussed but dont feel like looking)

catchers dont call for fastballs right down the middle....

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 02:54 AM)
well for calling a fastball when it was the most obvious thing in the world

It's Matt Thornton. You either call a fastball or a slider he rarely throws and with a huge risk of a wild pitch with a runner on 3rd. Plain and simple, it should have never even been something we have to discuss.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 08:52 PM)
"And the Twins dominance continues on the Sox." Shut up Dick Bremer, that makes no sense at all.

Someone tell that idiot the sox are 4-3 versus his crap team

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:55 PM)
Someone tell that idiot the sox are 4-3 versus his crap team

(and to ask where was that dominance in game 163 while there at it)

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 09:55 PM)
It's Matt Thornton. You either call a fastball or a slider he rarely throws and with a huge risk of a wild pitch with a runner on 3rd. Plain and simple, it should have never even been something we have to discuss.

makes sense, they shouldnt have pitched to him and thats all there is to say

Edited by Melissa1334

I wish we could fast forward through this weekend and just hear the results.

The Sox need to play some ball. Do you agree if we are 6 back in the loss column at the break we are in deep s***? Can we count on Cleveland to win a game in Det?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 10:04 PM)
I wish we could fast forward through this weekend and just hear the results.

The Sox need to play some ball. Do you agree if we are 6 back in the loss column at the break we are in deep s***? Can we count on Cleveland to win a game in Det?

I thought the sox were changing when they started clawing back, but it just seems like the damn twins make every single amazing defensive play and get every single call when we play them there. We get no breaks, ugh I hate watching the sox at the dome. It's torture.

Good questions both.

Two good baseball men in Hawk and Stone immediately called for the walk. Actually Stoney immediately, then Hawk after a pitch or two chimed in he also would walk Mauer.

I think on a lesser note the play in rightfield on the Getz bomb was huge. It needed to clear the fence or hit the wall to give us the lead.

Also the Twins' bunt was bad news for us.

And the fact we couldn't kayo Blackburn his final two innings and could do nothing with their set up man.

We definitely had our chances.

But Oz had a bad game; Thome a bad game; our pitching overall was ordinary to bad. Wise was his normal oh-fer. Beckham RBI hit but just a 1-for-4 as his mild slump continues.

The M boys did OK and will do even better the next 2 games; Kubel 3 of their 7 hits. Yuk. They scored a lot of runs off seven f***ing hits. Ugg.

Edited by greg775