Full body detox

Brian

My dad had to drink Magnesium (something involving it) before a colon exam, and he said he felt great after. His hair and skin looked brighter, too.

I've heard of many programs, but I cant speak from personal experience. You could google Master Cleanse, or just something as simple as eating nothing but apples for a few days.

I just stick to the water for my detoxification.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 10, 2009 -> 08:16 PM)
My dad had to drink Magnesium (something involving it) before a colon exam, and he said he felt great after. His hair and skin looked brighter, too.

I've heard of many programs, but I cant speak from personal experience. You could google Master Cleanse, or just something as simple as eating nothing but apples for a few days.

I just stick to the water for my detoxification.

I drink loads of water all day. This may sound nasty, but I wouldn't mind doing something where I crap my brains out for a few hours and be done with it.

• 3 weeks later...

This is voodoo medicine.

If you get your colon cleaned, or took some supplement (extreme laxative) which cleans you out as suggested above, within one meal you'd be right back where you started. Waste is a constant flow through your body, consider it an assembly line -- it's not like you go to the bathroom and are suddenly completely empty of waste and this assembly line shuts itself down, your body continues to produce more regardless of what you do to clean it out.

Also note, there are living bacteria in your colon -- NECESSARY bacteria -- these are good guys, they fight off infections and other such infiltrations, if you cleanse this, you're dropping your defense net, so while you think what you're doing is good for you, it has potential to backfire in a VERY serious manner.

Unless directed by a doctor for some specific purpose, (and I mean a REAL doctor, not some colon cleansing "expert"), avoid doing such things as they're unnecessary.

Drink water if you want to remain "detoxified" and stop putting bad s*** in your body -- that includes alcohol, drugs, etc. But don't try to binge drink and then use some sort of ultra cleanser to make up for it. This is one of those can't have your cake and eat it too situations.

Edited by Y2HH

I've done the Master Cleanse a bunch of times, and it's wonderful. The last time I did it (two weeks ago) I lost 18 lbs in 10 days, plus got a great energy boost from cleansing a lot of the toxins from my body. Afterward, I take probiotics to replace the good bacteria from the intestines and other organs. Any questions you have about the MC, ask away.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 3, 2009 -> 04:00 PM)
I've done the Master Cleanse a bunch of times, and it's wonderful. The last time I did it (two weeks ago) I lost 18 lbs in 10 days, plus got a great energy boost from cleansing a lot of the toxins from my body. Afterward, I take probiotics to replace the good bacteria from the intestines and other organs. Any questions you have about the MC, ask away.

It's also really...REALLY bad for you. Master Cleanse is another way of saying "starvation diet".

http://www.everydayhealth.com/blog/zimney-...et-master-scam/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18595886/

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4829718_master-c...se-dangers.html

There is no way to cheat without side effects. Do it right. Eat properly and exercise.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 4, 2009 -> 05:51 AM)
It's also really...REALLY bad for you. Master Cleanse is another way of saying "starvation diet".

http://www.everydayhealth.com/blog/zimney-...et-master-scam/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18595886/

http://www.ehow.com/facts_4829718_master-c...se-dangers.html

There is no way to cheat without side effects. Do it right. Eat properly and exercise.

No it's not. People fast ALL THE TIME - this is no different. And it's only for a short time - your body can go weeks without food as long as you're hydrating. It's totally healthy. Fasting (the Master Cleanse is a modified juice fast) has been done for thousands of years in most major religions to improve health and when you consider most toxins are stored in the body's fat cells and this leads to obesity, why not do a 10-Day Cleanse to purge them?

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 5, 2009 -> 05:35 PM)
No it's not. People fast ALL THE TIME - this is no different. And it's only for a short time - your body can go weeks without food as long as you're hydrating. It's totally healthy. Fasting (the Master Cleanse is a modified juice fast) has been done for thousands of years in most major religions to improve health and when you consider most toxins are stored in the body's fat cells and this leads to obesity, why not do a 10-Day Cleanse to purge them?

Just because people do something doesn't mean it's good for you.

Fasting is NOT good for you, never has been, and it never will be. It does NOT improve health -- it's meant as a sacrifice to your religion, it's not meant to be done to improve your health.

To call starvation, even temporary, healthy is beyond ridiculous. :P

• 5 months later...

Fasting is good for you. We are just so normalized to the 3 meals a day our bodies can't take it.

In the book eat to live it suggests eating one meal every 2 days.

I wouldn't go to that extreme in this world since our nutrition nowadays is 1/4 of what it used to be, but I'd consider fasting once a month / once a week / once every 4 months or so.