7/11: Sox @ Twinkles: 6:10 CT, WGN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisox88 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 05:11 PM)
8 games left and counting in the dome.

Never been there, but it is a worthless baseball park except for the Twins. Maybe when the new park opens I'll look at a road trip to the Twin Cities when the Sox are there

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
How is Castro's arm? If it's halfway decent I wouldn't mind seeing him get a start today or tomorrow. AJ has no chance of throwing out a runner.

You really wanna take him out after his 8/17 in his last four games? He's on a roll right now, you gotta ride his hot streak. And in July, he's hitting .462 with a 1.270 OPS. We need his bat.

QUOTE (Chisox88 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 12:11 PM)
8 games left and counting in the dome.

I'm glad the dome will be gone, but why in earth would they not build a retractable roof for their new stadium? Those games in April, late Septemeber, and maybe October are going to brutal.

If a team builds a new stadium, it makes no sense to build to retractable roof, IMO, unless your team is located in California or Texas. I absolutely love how Milwaukee's stadium is set up (except for the LF bleachers, I think they are too far away from the playing field).

Hopefully today's home plate ump isn't god awful (at least the ump last night was consistently bad for both teams).

As far as the retractable roof, wasn't it too expensive? I think voters kept voting down new stadium plans. The only hope was an all outdoor place I think.

I can't understand the umps' horrible strike zone squeezing pitchers but it's been this way for years now. Umpires invented their own strike zone and nobody has ever really explained why.

Edited by greg775

How he won 20 games for that 97 Twins' team is a mystery that will never be solved....almost 150 career wins, in 2006 he was pitching in tremendous pain the entire season but refused surgery and just gutted it out. That was an incredible stretch drive in the 2nd half to overtake the White Sox and Tigers on the last day.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 04:19 PM)
Brad Radke? I didn't know a .500 record and a 4.22 career ERA was that good.

If he's being honored for anything, its those classic "Intangibles".

Seriously, didn't we always just hate facing him? Didn't we all feel that his presence made everyone else on that Twins staff better?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 11, 2009 -> 06:20 PM)
When are the Sox going to have a ceremony for Jon Garland?

When Garland has 9 career opening day starts for the White Sox.

Mark Buehrle is a better pitcher than Radke of course, but I think in terms of franchise importance over a very long period of struggle and losing before they finally righted the ship in 2001/02, he's closer to Mark than he is to Jon Garland.