Classic Guillen quote after Sox escape

caulfield12

"I think that's my first win here in the last 10 years I've been managing the team," Guillen said. "I never have a nice vodka. Every time I go out [in Minnesota] I get drunk because I'm [upset]. www.chicagotribune.com/sports

I think ALL of us would have been drinking STOLI or Absolut if Span won the game somehow with a duck snort opposite field double.

Memories of Hunter robbing homers, Denny Hocking going yard for a walk off against Foulke, getting Carlos Gomez-merized in the final game last year...all of those were flashing before my eyes....the Linebrink 5-1 blown game against Cubs, Jenks' blown save with 2 outs against Pirates, Wise getting call out at home against the Tigers, etc.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 07:01 AM)
Denny Hocking going yard for a walk off against Foulke,

It was a double off the baggie. That game is almost seared into my memory at this point. The Sox had just gotten to .500 after a set at Baltimore (I went to the Sunday game, Baldwin was "effectively wild" in that game). Foulke blew that 4 run lead in the ninth (I was already counting it as a victory) and the season went downhill from there.

QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 08:40 AM)
It was a double off the baggie. That game is almost seared into my memory at this point. The Sox had just gotten to .500 after a set at Baltimore (I went to the Sunday game, Baldwin was "effectively wild" in that game). Foulke blew that 4 run lead in the ninth (I was already counting it as a victory) and the season went downhill from there.

I also remember that game vividly. I can still hear Hawk, in a painful monotone, describing the long drive bouncing off the baggie and the winning run scoring.