7/12: Sox @ Twinkles: 1:10 CT, CSN

maggsmaggs

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 06:44 PM)
Buehrle just looks awful. Everything is up and/or in the middle of the plate.

Something just looks so off with the whole team. Like they were just happy to win one game here, and now they just want to get on with their extended break.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
Yep, 3.5 back at the ASB with Quentin supposed to join the team next week.

4 in the loss column with a brutal schedule after the break is too much to overcome I think. Kenny should be in sell mode.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 06:46 PM)
4 in the loss column with a brutal schedule after the break is too much to overcome I think. Kenny should be in sell mode.

I think it all depends on home the home stand after the ASB goes. There's still approx 20 days until the deadline. I do think Dotel will be traded by the deadline though, and possibly to the Dodgers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
I think it all depends on home the home stand after the ASB goes. There's still approx 20 days until the deadline. I do think Dotel will be traded by the deadline though, and possibly to the Dodgers.

Rockies might be looking for help now too.

Yep, 3.5 back at the ASB with Quentin supposed to join the team next week.

It definitely looks like a .500 at best team, unless Quentin returns to his old, god-like status. We have a mighty mediocre team.

I haven't posted in a while but I enjoy reading most of the posts here.

I wasn't sure if this has been discussed, but has anyone noticed the remarkable home/road difference in Gordan Beckham's numbers? I know the sample size is small and I expect it to even out, but I find it odd that he hits .240 points better on the road. I would expect the opposite of a young player.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 01:56 PM)
Twins have an amazing approach vs Buehrle today. If it's in, pull. If it's out, go with it (there has to be a sexual joke somewhere in there)

You have to wonder if they are stealing the signs again ala a few years ago, or at least getting a good read on him tipping his pitches...

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 02:57 PM)
Mark picked a bad day to suck.

We open after the break at home against BAL, detoilet is at NYY, min at TEX.

I like our chances to make a big move early in the second half.

hopefully we will be able to forget this series and carry over some momentum into the 2nd half

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 12, 2009 -> 12:01 PM)
It's only the 4th inning and everyone has conceded this game. Twins pitching isn't that good my friends.

i'm definitely not conceding at this point. Too early. But Mark has to find a way to stop them and let the O get back in it.