AAP: Brady Shoemaker

2008: 2008 All-Missouri Valley Conference Honorable Mention selection ... played and started in all 50 games for the Sycamores ... hit .300 with 13 doubles, three triples, a team-leading nine home runs and drove in a team-high 68 RBI ... posted a slugging percentage of .556 ... was also 3-for-3 in stolen base attempts ... also added four outfield assists ... set new school records with three home runs, including two grand slams, 10 RBI and 12 total bases in the season finale against Illinois State (5/17) ... also had a team-high four walks against Miami-Ohio (5/13).

Shoemaker hit .389 this past season and led the team in slugging percentage (.700), on base percentage (.508), runs scored (65), doubles (19), home runs (14), total bases (142), walks (43) and stolen base percentage (1.000, 7-7).2008: 2008 All-Missouri Valley Conference Honorable Mention selection ... played and started in all 50 games for the Sycamores ... hit .300 with 13 doubles, three triples, a team-leading nine home runs and drove in a team-high 68 RBI ... posted a slugging percentage of .556 ... was also 3-for-3 in stolen base attempts ... also added four outfield assists ... set new school records with three home runs, including two grand slams, 10 RBI and 12 total bases in the season finale against Illinois State (5/17) ... also had a team-high four walks against Miami-Ohio (5/13).

Olney Central JC: Played two years for head coach Dennis Conley ... was named the Freshman of the Year in the conference in 2006.

Northview HS: Four-year letterwinner in baseball ... also a three-year letterwinner in football ... was named all-state in football and all-state in baseball as a senior

Personal: Born on May 10, 1987, in Terre Haute, Ind. ... son of Brian and Lorie Shoemaker ... has one sister, Natalie ... his father was a member of the wrestling team at Indiana State for two years ... majoring in physical education.

Height: 6' 0"

Weight: 200

Bats: R

Throws: R

Just days after being selected in the 19th round of the 2009 Major League Baseball First-Year Player Draft by the Chicago White Sox, Shoemaker was named to the 2009 American Baseball Coaches Association Midwest All-Region Second Team.

At Bristol Shoemaker has been on a rampage. In his last 3 games he's 10-12, 2 2B, 2 HR, 4 R, 4RBI, 1 BB. Overall in 14 games he's hitting .472, .508 OBP, .679 SLG, 1.188 OPS.

OK there is seriously not a baseball player named Brady Shoemaker.

What is with all these goofy ass baseball names. Lance Blankenship, Bubba Crosby, Grady Sizemore, Boof Bonser, Lance Broadway. Lance Johnson actually has two phallic references in one.

Baseball has some kind of weird names quota. Football for instance seems to have way more normal names, Ochocincos aside.

Edited by Princess Dye

We've got a catcher at Great Falls named Chase Blackwood. I love that name.

Rusty Kuntz's last name was pronounced Koonts by the way, not you know what.

Edited by BigEdWalsh

• 2 weeks later...

Shoemaker keeps on keepin' on. In 22 games he has hit safely in all 22, 37-88 (.420) overall. He's hitting .300 vs. lefties and .483 vs. righthanders. He's hit .396 at home and .450 on the road. He hit .379 in June's 8 games and .441 so far in 14 July games. He's got 10 doubles and 3 homers, scored 15 and knocked in 16. The only thing he hasn't done is steal bases....and pitch.

A little blurb on minorleaguebaseball.com:

Sprinting out of the gate

What: Bristol at Pulsaki

When: July 27

The White Sox's 19th round pick in this year's Draft, Brady Shoemaker (.417, 4, 21), has hit safely in the first 27 games of his professional career. He will try to continue that streak as the Bristol Sox play the final game against the Pulsaki Mariners on Monday. Shoemaker, a left fielder, was selected out of Indiana State University.

Brady just keeps rolling along; BA .417; OBP .479; OPS 1.129.

Why are the Sox being so conservative with him? I mean, Shoemaker clearly is too good for Bristol, so bump him up a level to see if he can sustain it. I mean, Kanny is a bad offensive team minus Mitchell, so it's not like we have too many good hitters there or something.

Brady is hitting .415 overall. He hit .379 in June, .429 in July. He has hit safely in every game played so far (28 games).

Interestingly, a right-handed batter, Brady has hit .313 vs. lhp but .459 vs rhp.

• 1 month later...

Brady batted .351 in 57 games for Bristol. He had an impressive .426 OBP, .585 SLG and 1.011 OPS. Following Bristol's season Brady was called up to Charlotte when the Knights roster was depleted of players due to Sept. call-ups. In 8 games he went just 3-29.

I think for a 19th round pick he turned some heads this year and certainly got some notice.

• 2 years later...

Been a long time since I updated ol' Brady. He just turned 25 two days ago. Not considered a prospect due to his age. Nonetheless, he has hit where ever he has been. Last year, .319 in 99 games at Kannapolis and .273 in 19 games at W-S. So far this year, Brady is hitting .331 for the Dash (God I hate that name!). Shoemaker doesn't strikeout a ton like certain other outfielders in the Sox minor league system and always has a nice OBP. I sure would like to see him called up to Birmingham to replace......hmmmm, maybe KW Jr.???

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 01:58 PM)
OK there is seriously not a baseball player named Brady Shoemaker.

What is with all these goofy ass baseball names. Lance Blankenship, Bubba Crosby, Grady Sizemore, Boof Bonser, Lance Broadway. Lance Johnson actually has two phallic references in one.

Baseball has some kind of weird names quota. Football for instance seems to have way more normal names, Ochocincos aside.

Got a problem with the name Shoemaker? ;)

I know this comment is three years old but I couldn't resist someone calling my last name weird. ha.

Edited by kjshoe04

• 4 weeks later...

Shoemaker update: For the life of me I don't know what this guy has to do to get promoted. So far this year Brady is 2nd in the Carolina League in BA (.340). He's 2nd in HRs (14), 1 behind teammate Trayce Thompson and one other guy. He leads the league in RBI's (59). He has a .427 OBP. He was selected to the Carolina Lg All Star team (being an all star is pretty much a mid summer annual event for Brady). He had a couple of hits in the game and won the HR derby (defeating C J Retherford). C'mon White Sox, give this guy a break.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ May 12, 2012 -> 05:42 PM)
Been a long time since I updated ol' Brady. He just turned 25 two days ago. Not considered a prospect due to his age. Nonetheless, he has hit where ever he has been. Last year, .319 in 99 games at Kannapolis and .273 in 19 games at W-S. So far this year, Brady is hitting .331 for the Dash (God I hate that name!). Shoemaker doesn't strikeout a ton like certain other outfielders in the Sox minor league system and always has a nice OBP. I sure would like to see him called up to Birmingham to replace......hmmmm, maybe KW Jr.???

I really wish KW would promote the kid to AA. He really has nothing left to prove in Single A.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 04:07 PM)
Shoemaker update: For the life of me I don't know what this guy has to do to get promoted. So far this year Brady is 2nd in the Carolina League in BA (.340). He's 2nd in HRs (14), 1 behind teammate Trayce Thompson and one other guy. He leads the league in RBI's (59). He has a .427 OBP. He was selected to the Carolina Lg All Star team (being an all star is pretty much a mid summer annual event for Brady). He had a couple of hits in the game and won the HR derby (defeating C J Retherford). C'mon White Sox, give this guy a break.

QUOTE (OilCan @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
I really wish KW would promote the kid to AA. He really has nothing left to prove in Single A.

This has been discussed many, many times. There is a logjam of outfielder's. KW Jr is taking up space in AA. Shoemaker and Earley are stuck in W-S, and Haddow is stuck in Kanny, until something changes. Maybe if they can get rid of some of the flotsam in Charlotte, that can start a cascade of promotions. Until then, everyone is stuck.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)
This has been discussed many, many times. There is a logjam of outfielder's. KW Jr is taking up space in AA. Shoemaker and Earley are stuck in W-S, and Haddow is stuck in Kanny, until something changes. Maybe if they can get rid of some of the flotsam in Charlotte, that can start a cascade of promotions. Until then, everyone is stuck.
You cannot possibly be suggesting that KW Jr be removed from the equation are you. BLASPHEMER !

I'm really not a KW hater, but this situation is really starting to annoy me.

Edited by balfanman

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
You cannot possibly be suggesting that KW Jr be removed from the equation are you. BLASPHEMER !

I'm really not a KW hater, but this situation is really starting to annoy me.

KW2 is 26 years old repeating AA, and putting up a .654 OPS even after his recent hot streak. At some point, even Daddy has to realize the guy is just not cutting it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 11:30 AM)
KW2 is 26 years old repeating AA, and putting up a .654 OPS even after his recent hot streak. At some point, even Daddy has to realize the guy is just not cutting it.

At least his playing time has dropped off this year.