Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SockMe @ Apr 14, 2010 -> 11:08 PM)
Sharks down 1 after 2 and Detroit is tied in the 3rd

And Colorado wins the 1st game on the road.. :lol: They remind me of the Hawks last year, though not as talented. Very young team, that doesn't know any better and can surprise people. I hope they can somehow beat SJ though, more than likely they will play us after re-seeding and we match up very well vs. them.

Sharks.. ah if they lose this series, they will still have that choker label to their name. Still very early though as alot of the top teams lost their 1st game. (Pit, NJ, SJ and I'll even add Detroit in here, even though Phx has the 4th seed) Speaking of Phx, nice win for them as well.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 12:04 AM)
And Colorado wins the 1st game on the road.. :lol: They remind me of the Hawks last year, though not as talented. Very young team, that doesn't know any better and can surprise people. I hope they can somehow beat SJ though, more than likely they will play us after re-seeding and we match up very well vs. them.

Sharks.. ah if they lose this series, they will still have that choker label to their name. Still very early though as alot of the top teams lost their 1st game. (Pit, NJ, SJ and I'll even add Detroit in here, even though Phx has the 4th seed) Speaking of Phx, nice win for them as well.

I hate that term sooooo much, it doesnt make any sense.

Man would that be awesome for the Hawks chances if they can get Nashville and Colorado back to back in the first two rounds. Leave Vancouver, Detroit and Phoenix to fight it out on the other side.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 08:26 AM)
If San Jose can't win this series against Colorado, they're argubly the biggest choke artists when it comes to playoffs in the past 10 years or so.

Imo, there'd be nothing arguable about it.

All the slobbering over the Phoenix fans last night on Versus made me absolutely sick. This is a team that hasn't turned a profit since they moved there from Winnipeg in '96. "Oh look, we're in the playoffs! Let's go to a game!" Makes me throw up in my mouth. I hope they get moved to Hamilton or back to Winnipeg or even Hartford. Get them out of the desert!

That being said...fantastic win. They skated circles around Det. Don't know how long they will be able to keep that up, though.

Edited by CanOfCorn

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 15, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
In other upset news.. Capitals lost today to the Canadians.

Vancouver unfortunately won against the Kings, though that was a great game. Buffalo also won. Miller was amazing as usual.

Can't decide whether to root for Buffalo or not. Ryan Miller instantly became one of my favorite athletes in any sport during the olympics but at the same time I'd rather the Hawks not have to face him if we get to the Stanley Cup finals.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 4, 2010 -> 05:19 PM)
Fixed that for you.

I told you all Niemi was the man. I'm glad he's getting consistent playing time for the team to gain confidence (which it clearly is).

And then Steve pulls out the "I TOLD YOU SO!!" card.

:P :D